Hokie Football tickets

<p>My D was accepted to VT - YAY!!! She is looking forward to being a HUGE Hokie sport fan. I was on another website and they mentioned students are put into a lottery to get football tickets. </p>

<p>I was wondering just how hard it is to get tickets? How many students are turned away? I understand it's assigned seating - which is different than Penn State (one of her other top choices). Seems like you may not know who you want to go to the game with week after week when you are just meeting so many new friends as a freshman.</p>

<p>After freshman year you can buy season tickets (in a group or alone) for about $70.</p>

<p>Freshman and people who don’t buy tickets can put in for the lottery, where you enter your name every week (Don’t miss the deadlines!) and either get a ticket or you don’t. If you do then you can go down with other people who also hit the lottery and get your seats together. I don’t know what the odds are for hitting the lottery but I hit 5 out of 7 my freshman year. Scalped tickets cost anywhere from $15 for crappy games to $50 for good games.</p>

<p>Also, be aware that although it is “assigned seating,” most the student sections are pretty freeform–it doesn’t really matter where your seat is, just go anywhere in the section. The only exception would be if you got some good seats. People lucky enough to get front-row seats probably won’t be too keen on giving them up.</p>

<p>Thanks!!! Sounds like a good system. I will keep my fingers crossed she gets into most of the games.</p>

<p>My freshman year I got all the games in the lottery, but then there were also those who only got 2 out of 8 games or around there. So its really hit or miss. I do think though that recently the lottery has gotten much tougher though.</p>

<p>You can usually though buy a ticket from someone, or get someone who doesn’t really go to games to sign up for you to get tickets. Or find an upperclassmen right now who doesn’t go to games and get them to buy season tickets ($10 a game + a fee). So that usually comes out to about $75 or so which is a bargain compared to what the alumni pay to be in the hokie club and to get tickets.</p>