Football Tickets

<p>Much easier to go online and get the tickets than I anticipated…of course I bought the more unpopular choice A so maybe that is why. My S has never been to a football game in his life but I thought he had to experience a Alabama game (or 2 or 3 or 4) in his freshman year. I’m sure he’ll love it. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Elsewhere would be the various Bama sports sites (tider insider, BOL, Bama Mag), Stub Hub, Ebay, or even on campus the day of the game. Tickets for that game willl be plentiful. </p>

<p>Students can sign up the Sunday morning before the home game to get on the donated ticket wait list. They can also have another student transfer directly to them. The process is explained on the ACT card website and I and others will surely post the steps closer to the start of the season.</p>

<p>Nothing wrong with Package A especially if you won’t be back from T’giving. In actuality kids will be able to get a ticket to every game with relative ease except Texas A&M & auburn. Your son will love the experience. Nothing beats game days in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Only in maturity,robotbldmom :-)</p>

<p>so if my daughter wanted a student ticket to the Ole Miss game and she purchased package B, what would be the easiest/cheapest route to purchase a ticket?</p>

<p>Easiest and cheapest would be to wake up early (7am) on the Sunday before that game and add her name to the donated ticket wait list. If she signs up first thing then she will most likely get a donated ticket for free.</p>

<p>If not she can always buy one off another student (no more than $20 tops) and they can transfer it directly to her ACT card.</p>

<p>Here’s how to get those tickets not in your original package. My son went to every home game but the LSU game last season. You sign up the Sunday before the home game you want a ticket to. It’s all explained here:</p>

<p>[My</a> Football Ticket](<a href=“http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/My%20Football%20Ticket.html]My”>http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/My%20Football%20Ticket.html)</p>

<p>Ditto what loring said. My son got a donated ticket through the system to every home game that was not in his freshman ticket package his first year at UA (except Auburn, when he was out of town).</p>

<p>Congrats, everyone on navigating that white knuckle ride. Builds character, doesn’t it, lol?</p>

<p>Hi vlines,
It was great to meet you and your family at Bama Bound. Congrats on getting the tickets. I had to help out my son as well and swooped in with my Android after his PC locked up. It’s all good. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s what I’m talking about! Killer instinct. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Much like Malanai’s S, my D got a ticket to every game but Auburn. She set her alarm for 6:45am on Sunday morning, logged on, snagged a ticket by 7:04 then went back to sleep. She had a couple of friends who missed out on the more popular games not in their freshman package because they “forgot,” or overslept.</p>

<p>I’m curious - does anyone know if either package sold out and if so, how long it took to do so?</p>

<p>I got package b early this morning. There is a good possibility I won’t be back in Tuscaloosa for the Auburn game on Saturday. I thought I might try to trade the sold out student auburn ticket for say two tickets from package a. After reading this I’m starting to think that isn’t a good idea/ realistic. Should I just donate the auburn ticket and hope I get picked from the waiting list, or would it be better (or even possible) to trade outside the website for say two other tickets? Or should I just try to swap my Auburn ticket for the next most desired ticket (like TX A&M?) and then try my luck in the waitlist to the not as popular games?</p>

<p>I just requested tickets on bahalf of my student. It indicated that package B is sold out.</p>

<p>* After reading this I’m starting to think that isn’t a good idea/ realistic. Should I just donate the auburn ticket and hope I get picked from the waiting list, or would it be better (or even possible) to trade outside the website for say two other tickets*</p>

<p>Definately try to trade. I wouldn’t just donate it to the system.</p>

<p>Either trade your auburn ticket for a Texas A&M & Ole Miss ticket or sell it. I wouldn’t just give it away unless you are given tickets to all the other games you don’t have. </p>

<p>The issue with “trading” is that since the tickets only get loaded on the ACT card the week of the game then the person you trade with will have to trust that you’ll follow through on the auburn ticket when the time comes. But you shouldn’t have a problem trading auburn for two other games. </p>

<p>Or you could call the ticket office and tell them you bought Package B by mistake and would like Package A instead.</p>

<p>That was the quickest and easiest online “purchase” I have ever made! :)</p>

<p>So I could trade the Auburn ticket for two tickets, but the system doesn’t support that. So I would have to do it under the honesty of someone else. does that sound right? And if worst comes to worst I hear it is not too difficult to get tickets from the waiting list for less popular games. So I figure I will at least trade Auburn for the most in demand package a game and then try my luck with the waiting list for the others. Does it sound like I understand the system and have a decent plan? :D</p>

<p>Trading or selling tickets is done on ones own. Students will have to transfer their tickets to the other student or pay to upgrade it to a non-student ticket the week of the specific game.</p>

<p>Yes you have a good plan. But since the auburn game is the last game then actually it will be the other student trusting you and not you so much trusting them since they’ll have to give you their Texas A&M ticket before you give them your barn ticket.</p>

<p>All trading or selling is done through the individuals. The University has nothing to do with it. They simply provide you with the ability to transfer a ticket to someone else. The terms of the trade and people actually following through on the agreement is all up to you.</p>