Foote Fellow?

<p>When I checked in myum/student/academic/and my academic evaluation, I've found the comments at the end of the page with saying "Foote Fellow (12/1)".</p>

<p>What does it mean? I mean, I was never informed with anything related to honors program...</p>

<p>*Can't wait for tomorrow's game!!!! GO CANES!!</p>

<p>Did you attend a Singer or Singer/Stamps weekend?</p>

<p>FOOTE FELLOWS PROGRAM</p>

<p>The Foote Fellows program, established in honor of former University of Miami President, Edward T. Foote II, each year gives a highly selected group of incoming first-year undergraduate students an opportunity to explore a wide range of academic pursuits and interests across the curriculum. Foote Fellows, who are required to fulfill certain areas of study determined by their individual school or college, are exempted from completing University general education requirements. They also receive special academic advising and mentoring as well as the opportunity to participate in cultural, social, and educational events.</p>

<p>So VSpirit, you’re saying you think you are a Foote Fellow but you’re not really sure? My daughter found out in the letter that she received after attending the Singer/Stamps weekend. Dr. Gillis in the admissions office wrote the letter.
They had a dinner this past Thursday night with speakers and all.
I would think that you would have been contacted in some way (email) by now…if you still aren’t sure, you should call your academic advisor or anyone in admissions.
~Zinc</p>

<p>Foote Fellow is an EXCELLENT thing to get from UM. It eliminates general education requirements so youur S/D can take more classes, and more challenging classes sooner. It also makes 2major/2minor or 3major much easier.</p>

<p>I did not go to Singed/Stamps interview (I was international applicant), and I did not receive any notification about the program. The only thing I know is that there is Foote Fellow mentioned in my ACE (Academic Evaluation) in the comment section.</p>

<p>Well, suppose I was in Foote Fellow. Does it explains that I have all the courses that are all related to my major? I mean, I don’t have any GED courses assigned with me this semester (while all other my fellows have at least one of them).</p>

<p>Wait, I just recalled that I had an interview with associate director of international admission… could it be??</p>

<p>…“call your academic advisor or anyone in admissions…”</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the University grad. requirements are? In other words, what do students who dont get the foote fellow need vs those who do? (specific to engineering if possible) Thanks!</p>

<p>

See: [College</a> of Arts and Sciences](<a href=“http://www.as.miami.edu/undergraduate/bachelors]College”>http://www.as.miami.edu/undergraduate/bachelors)</p>

<p>There’s nothing different specifically for engineering majors… every student has the same undergrad requirements, the only difference being whether you’re going for a BA or BS degree.</p>