Fordham Class of 2025 - Regular Decision Date: Mar 15

@scarletibiss, I don’t think campus matters because the RH honors program is separate from the LC honors program. There’s also a global business honors program that I was invited to in December (I applied EA). I got an email around 8:30 PM with an invitation!

Side note, anyone else accepted to GBHP?

1 Like

for future applicants: accepted at LC with deans scholarship and tuition award (4.3/3.9, 34 act)

Can someone please tell me how I got rejected from Fordham? I mean I thought this was my safety school. I’m an international student studying the A-Level curriculum.
→ I have a 4.0/4.0 UW GPA
→ I come #35 out of 950 students at my high school
→ SAT got a 1360.
→ Predicted 3A* at A-Level (Mathematics, Econ, Business)
→ Wasn’t allowed to partake in extracurriculars due to some reasons but tried my best to pursue those things which I’m interested in. I know they are extremely unorthodox and probably have no weightage in the eyes of the admissions officers.

Started my own Charity (Unofficial- Doesn’t have a name and isn’t registered yet)
Became a self-taught forex and stocks trader and also teach trading- to help my father financially and to pay for the charity.
took care of my grandparents on a regular basis.
tutored my younger cousin
was the captain of 3 business competitions
Am an unofficial fitness trainer and nutritionist
Am a micro Instagram influencer- make my own content/earn some money too.
Miscellaneous activities/hobbies- participated in a couple of badminton tournaments at my club, frequently paint/draw, etc
→ I also faced certain extenuating circumstances because of which I got mediocre O-Level results and because of which I was also not allowed to participate in ECAs.
→ financial aid needed

1 Like

Are you from a country that is not friendly to US? Many colleges are shrinking their international enrollments due to Visa/Covid issues. Also for international applicants, financial aid needed is a disadvantage because in most cases international students are cash-cows for colleges. Sorry I am talking too honest.

My two cents is that you needed financial aid and Fordham is need-aware for international students.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted.

To those who weren’t, I promise it’ll work out.

1 Like

I don’t think Fordham is a safety school for international, especially you need financial aid. Do you have any backup plans?

I’m from Pakistan. Your honesty is most appreciated. But i cant seem to believe that just because of my need for financial aid i got rejected. i thought i met all the academic requirements needed for Fordham- actually exceeded them in my opinion.

i was aware that they might not meet all my need but would still admit me with some aid. I never thought that Fordham would straight out reject me.

I find it surprising too to be honest. But this admission cycle is so competitive and unpredictable, completely unlike prior years. I hope you still have schools to hear from and that you receive good news soon!

HAHA my friend all my other schools are probably out of my reach. Northwestern, WashU, UofMiami. I highly doubt ill get into any of them after being rejected by Fordham. I’ve displayed the most interest in these 3 schools. Still will hope for the best. COngrats on your acceptance!!!

1 Like

Don’t lose hope just yet. The schools you are waiting on probably take more international students than Fordham and probably have bigger FA buckets to dip into. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! My D is looking to transfer to WashU so maybe you’ll both end up there!

the problem isn’t about losing hope. It’s more like I have none. All these schools are my dream schools, but they’re too competitive, and I’m not that competitive of an applicant. I’ve seen a few applications of students from America and the type of extracurriculars they’ve done blow everything I have done out of the water. I mean people are national scholars, have raised thousands of dollars, are curing cancer :joy: I don’t have much to offer. I probably have a 0.1% chance of being admitted,

Whatever you do, never take college “rejection” against your own self.

AND there are many ways to start university studies.
Some do so at their preferred schools, others at less preferred and transfer to preferred campus/school, eventually.
AND so many other ways.

Some attend entire undergrad studies in any respectable school
and move on to an Ivy L grad school or any grad school they like.

Your school counselor can help you navigate through options.

LIFE has so many opportunities for you.
No doubt!

I am not speaking of Fordham in particular, but need aware schools in America, do take into consideration the ability to pay into admission decisions, even for Americans. You could have perfect stats and EFC below a certain number and get rejected solely based on your EFC. It is so important to spread a wide net both academically and financially. Another thought… my DD read somewhere yesterday, out of 40000 applications, Fordham accepted 9000. I have not seen that stat. for myself. That is pretty competative. nothing to be ashamed of.

1 Like

You don’t need to of submitted Financial aid docs to get notified of merit based, I have not submitted anything and got told I received a Loyola and Tuition award. U just need to click on the link within ur acceptance letter and that will link u to a pdf that explains your financial award

Sometimes schools will actually reject you if you are too far above what they usually look for. This is because they need to keep their yield high, so if you show immense interest and fall in line, you may get in. However, if you have extremely high stats and don’t show as much interest, you may not get in because they do not think you will attend and there was not enough demonstrated interest.

Also remember that Fordham specifically is a Jesuit Jewish university, there may be conflict with the fact that you are simply international and the prejudice of religious conflict.

1 Like

I got in with the Loyola scholarship: 3.9 UW/ 4.4 W GPA, great ECs, strong essay, but I’m not sure if the financial aid is good enough, I’d still be left with about 37k a year to pay on my own.

If you can make 6-digits 3 years after graduation, it will sound like worth 37K.

It is very hard to justify if it is worth to pay 200k more for 4-years and may end up with 10k more earning/year. For example, Fordham vs State universities.

1 Like

Jesuit is Catholic. Fordham is a Catholic school. NYC as a whole has a large Jewish population, but I am not sure what % is Jewish on Fordhams’ campuses

2 Likes