Foundations for Teaching Economics FTE/Economics For Leaders EFL

Hey guys :)) I hadn’t seen a forum yet for FTE or EFL, so I thought I would go ahead and start one. I was just accepted as an early applicant into EFL Advanced session at the University of Michigan Ann-Arbor. If you have any questions about applications or were also accepted, post in here and I can respond; maybe we can start a gc. I look forward to meeting yall!

I’m in for Texas-Austin! There’s only like 4 locations (not including Michigan) that are still in-person. Do you think they’ll be moved to virtual?

I would hope EFL does not move virtual, but LBW announced that they were going virtual just last week; I’m still holding out on hope though. I honestly think it all depends on where the session is held. Considering you’ll be in Austin, UT I presume, I would think you’re fine. For sessions in states with stricter COVID mandates, or schools not yet back in person for their students, I would probably count those out for in person learning. I think Michigan will stay in person considering how late in the year it is; hopefully everyone will have vaccines by then and we will be back in person.

i got into the michigan advanced site but i keep debating whether the cost is worth it. i got some scholarship funding, but not as much as i had hoped. how much will colleges care about this program?

rice and michigan just moved to virtual…are you still going to do the program? there’s only smu, austin, ucla, and uwash still in-person

Hi everyone!
I applied pretty early on to EFL at Yale, but then that got moved online. Then, I chose William and Mary, but that also got moved. I recently was selected and enrolled in UCLA, do you guys think itll be moved online? If anyone also got into UCLA, lets talk!!

I decided to forego my acceptance to LBW to attend EFL. In comparison to other summer programs, I think EFL is priced fairly for their coursework- even going virtual. This is in comparison to LBW (4,000+) virtual, Launch X (5,000+) virtual, and YYGS (3,500) virtual.