Freshman applicant, still postponed..

<p>I was told I would receive a decision by early april...
anyone else in the same boat?
I'm getting a little anxious about where I'm heading next year. :(</p>

<p>Someone posted that there were 37K applicants, they have 5900 slots. I would bother them for their decision. Good Luck</p>

<p>They are also still dealing with those accepted students who will ultimately choose to go elsewhere. A crazy dance of matching students to spots nationwide- imagine a domino effect.</p>

<p>wis75, wouldn’t they just waitlist me then?</p>

<p>First, I hope for the best for you.</p>

<p>CC posters can offer you opinions, but nobody on CC has the facts regarding your admission decision.</p>

<p>If you are still interested in Wisc., I would suggest either calling Admissions or e-mailing them telling them that you were told you would get a decision in early April, that you’re still waiting, and that you really want to attend.</p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>

<p>Yup, time to call and email them. Things should be winding down a bit by now.</p>

<p>Oh, believe me, I have. I never get a definite answer. It’s always along the lines of “Sorry for the inconvenience,” “they are working on them,” and “the decisions should be out soon.” </p>

<p>I’m sick of it.</p>

<p>If in fact there were 37K applicants and they only have space for 5900 my guess is they are having a major problem with the yield. Normally if they accepted 50% they would fill the class. This year if they accept 15K that’s less than 40% and the bar may be too high. Normally they would just put someone on the waitlist and a good many applicants would just move on. UW is stuck, they probably want to accept you, but they may not have space. Good luck</p>

<p>thanks. I called again today, and they said “just a few more days”. so fingers crossed! </p>

<p>I guess I kind of made a choice. If I get in, I’m going. If I don’t, I’m going to the U of M. Both schools, I’m sure I’d love. I’d just rather be at Madison.</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!! :slight_smile: finally.</p>

<p>Congrats mariaaasa!</p>

<p>Coooool! Congrats.</p>