Freshman Dorm Selection Tonight: FEEDBACK PLEASE

<p>^You can see the names when you click on the room but nothing more about the student. You can try Googling or Facebook to sleuth but remember, you only have a few minutes.</p>

<p>UAHousing - So sorry - I wasn’t thinking clearly. I will try to have mods delete the postings</p>

<p>Oh my goodness… I saw the post above that listed rooms available and I saw my son’s room listed as having two vacancies! He and three good friends had signed up for a room together! I instantly sent my son a text…freaking out a bit. He sent me a text saying I had the wrong room number. WHEW! Serves me right for “trolling”. :-)</p>

<p>Will our upperclass students also see the new roommates’ names once the freshmen have selected and be able to email them to introduce themselves?</p>

<p>Also, since housing will place people who deposited after Jan, if I recall correctly, when is the last time a self selecter will be able to put themselves in a free space?</p>

<p>I too am surprised at all the free rooms. Last year, this time, whole dorms were full up. </p>

<p>Maybe housing was premature in denying recontracting for next year? I wonder if kids who were forced off campus will be able to move back on if space is available after all is said and done. I can’t imagine the university would turn down anyone’s money.</p>

<p>Can you remove someone from your suite once they’ve been added? Kind of a weird question, I know.</p>

<p>Montegut – According to the Housing website, new students who applied by January 1st will have until April 30th to select their housing. I wouldn’t worry all that much about the “forced placement” kids. Many of them are likely to be very high stat students who needed to wait until April 1 or beyond to make a decision among their many great options. (I know of at least one student who meets that description who is nervously awaiting her forced placement!)</p>

<p>Regarding Tut: Per D last night after all was said and done she said that floors 1-5 were full. There were plenty of double rooms available on floors 6 and up.</p>

<p>bamababy, you can not remove another person from your own suite, if that’s what you are asking. You could try contacting that person and asking him/her to choose another room or switch with someone but that’s it.</p>

<p>Congratulations to those who have already successfully selected their rooms. However, please refrain from posting room numbers and gender assignments as it is a security concern for some prospective students and their parents. See the UA Housing post in case you missed it.</p>

<p>Just to be sure, what time does Selection open tonight? Seven???</p>

<p>TXA - I don’t believe housing selection turns on again until tomorrow (4/4) at 6 pm central</p>

<p>Yes, I did find the spot on the Housing site that confirms Th at six pm … thanks.</p>

<p>My son chose housing yesterday for himself and 3 roommates and got 522 Ridgecrest South/South. Any idea which direction this room faces, ie: into courtyard or facing the outside world? And does it face N/S/E/W? Hoping somebody who has a student in the building already would have some idea. At 7:15 Central time last night there were only 2 4-person suites still available in the South tower!</p>

<p>We are in RCS-S 406 and have some friends in 405 & 408. Does any one know how the hallway is set up? Will 405 be next to us or 408?</p>

<p>Tried to send a reply to your post, but apparently private messaging is only available to members who have more than 15 posts. That’s just dumb. I would like to chat privately, but not sure how to do that now…</p>

<p>MichTideMom
you can start a thread (title it : “useless thread to get enough posts to private message” then other people can use it in the future)
then post anything (the word bump is most common) 15 different times and voila, you have enough posts to PM.</p>

<p>another poster mentioned that the post has to have minimum of ten characters. didn’t know that.</p>