Freshmen Football Tickets

<p>Actually last year freshman had to pay by credit card the day they bought the tickets. Returning students had theirs billed to their student accounts but not incoming students. </p>

<p>They actually set up a pre-registration time last year so that we could put all the info in ahead of time to make the process faster and easier.</p>

<p>Maybe they’ve changed it this year but be prepared to have a credit card handy.</p>

<p>Basically, there is very little information available about the sign-up process and packages available. I am really in the dark.</p>

<p>I can’t find any information either on how to purchase them… Maybe they haven’t sent it out yet? I have June 1st on my calendar at 6 AM but other than that nothing.</p>

<p>I’m sure the info will be forthcoming shortly.</p>

<p>2011 Student Football Ticket Information
<strong><em>Important Information</em></strong>
Student upgrades affect post-season purchasing opportunities.
After a student upgrades (change a regular student ticket to a student guest ticket) 4 or more times, then that student is ineligible to purchase post-season tickets (SEC Championship and bowl game) and next season’s student package.</p>

<p>Student tickets that go unused affect post-season ticket opportunities and season tickets for 2011 football season.
Once a student has 3 “resets” (unused, non-donated, non-transferred), they immediately become ineligible for post-season tickets for that year. They are also ineligible to purchase tickets for the following year.</p>

<p>Students who gain free access to home games will have their tickets refunded prior to the season.
Students who fall into this category include, but are not limited to, members of the Million Dollar Band, Cheerleaders, SGA block seating, NCAA athletes, and Capstone Men and Women. Once the rosters for these organizations are finalized, students who are members of these organizations will receive refunds for the tickets they have purchased.</p>

<p>Students who have purchased tickets will swipe their ACTion Card at the student gates to gain entrance into Bryant-Denny Stadium for home games.
Once your receive confirmation that your online order has been completed and accepted, the system will automatically transfer the appropriate access to your ACTion Card prior to each game. Students will not receive actual season tickets in August.</p>

<p>You can still sell/give your tickets to other students.
You can sell/give your student ticket to another student by going online to “My Football Ticket” and transferring access to that game to the other student’s ACTion Card.</p>

<p>You can still convert a student ticket to a student guest ticket.
If you want to purchase a student guest ticket, you must stop by the Alabama Ticket Office the week of each home game to convert the ticket. The cost is the face value of the ticket minus $5 (already paid by student). For example, a public ticket for the Ole Miss game is $55. The cost to upgrade to a student guest ticket would be $50. Student upgrades are done Monday thru Thursday during the week of each home game.</p>

<p>Students who donate a ticket after 5:00 p.m. on Friday of home football game week get a 1/2 point penalty.
This counts toward the 3 penalty points of not using a ticket.</p>

<p>Anyone have any more concrete information on this? i don’t know why the University seems to want to keep this all a big secret (and since they went to a new policy last year you would think they would have more information out there). Someone said that on June 1 at 8:00 am CST we can log on to rolltide.com and use the student ID number? i don’t see anywhere on rolltide.com to log in. Nor can i find anything about what the options are package-wise. Be nice to know what i need to do before the clock is ticking June 1. And a seperete question: my other daughter is a returning junior (she transferred to UoA in the spring) and she missed the april deadline to get on the ticket waiting list. What are her options, ticket-wise? Does she have to just wait for students to post tickets they don’t want on home game weeks? Or is she eligible to try and get tickets June 1 also? Thanks in advance for the help!</p>

<p>There will probably be a shortcut on the rolltide.com homepage but for now

1. Go to [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.rolltide.com%5DUniversity”&gt;http://www.rolltide.com]University</a> of Alabama Crimson Tide | 2011 Softball Regionals<a href=“click%20on” title=“continue to rolltide.com”>/url</a>
  2. At the top you’ll see “TidePride/Tickets”. Select that
  3. Select “buy tickets” in the drop down menu (3rd from top on left)
  4. On the left hand side under “your account” you’ll see “student sign in”. Select that
  5. click on “register”
  6. Follow the directions from there.</p>

<p>As best I can tell it’s not open to 2011 registrations yet but you can give it a shot and see. Anyway that’s how you’ll access the sale on June 1st. I’m certain there will be an email sent to your crimson email accounts with directions on the process this week.</p>

<p>mrkerr: I read something (not sure where) that said students missing out on the returning student sale would be put on the wait list for a package. I would have your daughter call the ticket office, explain her situation, and ask what her options are. (205) 348-BAMA(2262)</p>

<p>Thanks! That looks like the right path! Good luck on getting tickets everyone!</p>

<p>Here I am Mom2ck :)</p>

<p>Yep, that’s right my son was sure that he wouldn’t really bother with the football games but he met some friends who were already in the “Chest Painter’s” and he was inducted right away.</p>

<p>It was a hoot, we saw him on almost every broadcast and it made watching the football games that much more exciting for us at home.</p>

<p>I know that he enjoyed himself and the photos that we captured off the DVR were fun to post to Facebook. I believe that both he and his girlfriend will be paining this football season. So look for the really tall, thin guy and that will be him.</p>