Friedman Hall

<p>So I just got assigned to Friedman Hall and I’m not really sure how I feel about it since I don’t know much about it. I already filled out a room change request for riverside but I’m not really sure if things will change or not. I would love it if you guys could inform me on some things that you like/don’t like about it. Thanks!</p>

<p>Friedman hall has the best location on campus and is the living-learning community for business students (CBA arranged everything so it got 4 new/renovated buildings right next to each other). You are just across the street from the Quad and a short walk away from the Strip and Publix. </p>

<p>I lived in Friedman last year so I guess I have some experience…
The location is probably the best on campus; you will be close to the quad (close to classes), close to the strip, and close to the stadium. The one downside to the location is proximity to dining halls, especially with the new location of Fresh Foods.
Depending on what room you are assigned, you could be in a pod style suite or a normal double room. (I believe both cost the same). I was lucky enough to be in a suite which consisted of three double rooms connected by a small hall with a bathroom and living area. The doors to the suites are at the living area and lead outside. There is a balcony area on the second and third floor. The downside to these rooms, the only access is outside so to do laundry you have to take the stairs outside. The rooms in the suite-pods are slightly larger than the average double which is nice. (My room was twice the size of most other rooms but they are not all that way).
The other double rooms are not as large, but still a decent size. Friedman is not very updated; they recently painted the trim to try to make it look nicer.
Overall, it is a pretty decent dorm. I had friends who lived in some of the newer, nicer dorms (Presidential), but we often hung out at Friedman because of its location.
Hope that helps a little!</p>