Friendless and lonely in college. Help!!

I am a freshmen in Purdue Univiesity(second semester). The problem is that I just cannot make friends over here. Everyone around me has friends. I tried to make friends in my dorm but they don’t include me and I don’t really get along with them and the ones I do get along with are very busy with there fraternities so they never hang out. Ithe just kills me when I see everyone else around me hanging out with their friends when I am all alone especially in dining courts, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Is it true that it’s too late for me to make friends? Because everyone has friends now and they don’t go out of their way to include me or invite me? Can you guys help me out, please?

Be more involved with the activities and clubs. Try being more confident about yourself. Try joining a fraternity and try meeting more people with mutual interests.

Have you looked into fraternities at Purdue? There are quite a few, with many different types of people.

You might also consider getting a part-time job.

Hope it gets better- hang in there!

I am interested in joining a fraternity but is it possible to join now after the rush events are over? Or are there more rush events this semester?

I agree with the other poster who suggested that you find a club that you would enjoy. Strike up a conversation with someone in one of your classes too. Hang in there . I am sure that you will find some wonderful friends to hand out with soon.

I am interested in joining a fraternity but is it possible to join now after the rush events are over? Or are there more rush events this semester?

Rush events happen at the start of every semester only.