Tuscaloosa Furniture Stores

My rising Junior son will be moving into his fraternity house in the Fall of 2016 after living his first two years in Riverside East in the super suites. Our son tells us the fraternity house rooms are unfurnished. Any suggestions for picking up some basic furniture/mattress items in Tuscaloosa so we do not have to drag these items down from Delaware? Obviously, several months way yet but just want to get a general idea so we can begin some early planning. Thanks in advance for any responses!

How long will your son be staying in his fraternity house? If it is only for one year and he doesn’t want the hassle of moving a bed at the end of the year he might want to think about renting furniture. Cort does student apartment packages which is probably more than he will need, but you can also rent by the piece.

https://birmingham.cort.com/storefront/rent-by-the-piece/bedroom/bedroom-furniture/c02_01-c02_01_03-c02_01_03_01-p1.html

Another possibility is to buy online and have it shipped to your son. I wouldn’t spend a lot on furniture as your son may well have to sell it at a hefty discount when he graduates.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/home/beds/4044_103150_102547_91837

Tuscaloosa has a Sam’s Club, Walmart, and Target. Hoover (near Birmingham) has a Costco. All sell reasonably priced furniture.

I would probably order a mattress online thru Sams Club to be delivered to the frat house.

Sams clum online also has those “all in one” combined mattress and box springs that come in a box that are delivered. If getting one, get the one that comes with the frame because these need a unique frame.

Sams also traditional style mattress sets. What size beds can they have in the fraternity houses?

I would order other pieces from Target.com or Walmart.com

I love The Attic in downtown. They deliver and are very reasonable. They have one side that is consignment.

We have picked up various items from them and with my DD’s mattress delivery for move in for her apartment They were great in delivering it at the day and time we needed it there, unlike other places where you would order online that will be delivered via other means like FedEx or UPS.

Thank you for the responses!

We got our furnishings for our condo through Already Furnished with Addison Criswell. We got Addison’s name from previous posts on CC regarding furniture. He is VERY knowledgable about different apts/condos and knew what furniture would fit. We live on the west coast and needed to furnish a 3B/3B. I went on his website (already furnished.net), ordered furniture and HE arranged delivery AND set up. It was so convenient to return to Tuscaloosa and have all the furniture exactly where it needed to be in the rooms! Although you order most of the furniture online, he does have a small furniture store in Tuscaloosa. Hope that helps!