Fyi: aobut my situation

<p>i am not against UCD</p>

<p>i am actually considering attendign UCD but i do not appreciate the trolling VOICEOFREASON does to UCD. I have got into so far UCI, UCSB, UCSC and UCD. I am from anaheim(so cal) so i want to go to nor cal. so far the top choice for me is UCD or UCSC and waiting fora cceptrances for UCSD, UCLA and Cal.</p>

<p>TO those that attend UCD, i am not attmepoting to “diss” ur school. but the trolling of voiceofreason must stop!!!</p>

<p>stay down there.</p>

<p>up here is pretty boring.</p>

<p>Yeah really. </p>

<p>Well, San Fran is pretty cool, actually. But Davis is an hour away so heading there might not be doable too often.</p>

<p>Do u goto UCD? are u in engineering?</p>

<p>i am fascinated about UCSC's location near silicon vallye.
i know UCD is rank higher but it is a few hours north of there.
I also know UCSC has a engineering campus in silicon valley in cupertino.</p>

<p>my friend majored in engineering at davis and is now working for the toyota plant in fremont. i cant say how job placement is but it seems pretty good.</p>

<p>ucsc has pretty bad surroundings. i'd go to a state college over ucsc.</p>

<p>and davis is pretty far from sf (which is, like cbf88 stated, about the only awesome place up here).</p>

<p>My friend goes to ucsb and won 1.5 mil the past summer and won player of the year. Jeff Madsen. I'm glad we all have "friends." =)</p>

<p>im comparing the education to the job placement you get. i dont think you can major in poker or whatever at ucsb.</p>

<p>
[quote]
ucsc has pretty bad surroundings. i'd go to a state college over ucsc.

[/quote]

Bad surroundings? The weather in Santa Cruz is terrific, the campus is very nice, and beach is nearby. San Francisco is about an hour and a half away. On the negative side, the campus is very spread out. I'm sure you know about the large hippie population. Also realize that marijuana use is rampant (which may be a good or a bad thing for you :) )</p>

<p>Still, it would be very difficult for me to turn down UCSB. Don't reject it without visiting. Spend a night partying in IV; you'll probably change your mind ;)</p>

<p>hey socalbmw i'm from anaheim hills/orange :)</p>

<p>Man, I always laugh when I hear SoCal people that want to come up here. But I guess it comes down to wanting to be in a new enviorment etc.</p>

<p>UCSC has bad surroundings? In regards to what? UCD? UCSB? LA?</p>

<p>which college has better undergrad comp science eng program?.........UCD...UCI...UCSD ...or UCLA...?
and people who r from so cal.......can u guys find enough tech companies down there to easily get an intern or a part time job?....</p>

<p>oh and how abt comparing schools listed above to CAL Polly SLO?...
if any knows.............plz....</p>

<p>CP SLO is strong in certain aspects, such as architecture and engineering, although it really lags in other fields. The UCs are good overall schools, although if you were accepted to the engineering or architecture at CP SLO, and you have no intention of pursuing graduate studies, CP SLO definitely would outrank UCI and UCD in terms of the hands on education.</p>

<p>UC Santa Cruz has bad surroundings? I thought <em>we</em> were the ones smoking marijuana all the time.</p>