GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

@greymeer and @spandy2003 Nice stats, but on some things I would disagree! Having a student at UT…

Sports - People live and breathe UT football. It can be a little too much. They often ignore their b-ball team which this year is amazing and beat KU at home in Allen Fieldhouse!

UT Business - beats GT, UT Honors business, don’t need to say more. 100% placement rate
UT CS - near impossible to transfer into, large program, hard to get classes, GT CS program - higher ranked than UT, comparably ranked to Cornell, UIUC, and UWashington, top top and very hard to get into.

Campus - GT urban campus, have to really be ok with that. UT - awesome college campus, lively, doesn’t feel big. Both Austin and Atlanta are great towns.

UT - housing on campus is not guaranteed even freshman year, many private off campus dorms, greek life is big, not sure about these aspects at GT, homeless are in Austin just like any large town, but not as bad as some places like San Francisco, and if you’re aware and not constantly looking on your phone, or walking alone at night and paying attention, not engaging, you’re going to be fine.

But ultimately you can’t go wrong at either, it’s really a question of the type of campus one wants. A large true college campus or not. My cousins went to GT, were female and couldn’t stand it. It has come a long way in trying to bring up the ratios to be more equitable M to F which is phenomenal, and it is a great school. Georgia is progressing at a much quicker rate than Texas so if that’s an issue for you, that is something to consider as well. Depending on what side of the fence you’re on, that may matter. Austin however, is a very liberal community, although many of the parents of the students are not!

Any idea how (and when) GT communicates Merit Aid (other than STAMPS)?

There is very little purely merit aid at Ga Tech. There is Stamps which you mention. 40 OOS students will be offered the Provost Scholarship which is basically in state tuition. There are similar things offered by separate colleges (no engineering but I think the college of science offers a few). My understanding is that is essentially it for institutional merit awards. In state kids of course get Zell (free tuition) which I guess is merit based but only applies to in state.

I just saw Provost is offered a couple of weeks after admission.

Did she get in?

Accepted
OOS - Aerospace
SAT 1570

Admissions states Provost will be released today.

3 Likes

The entire EA was a 14% acceptance rate? That means EA2 must’ve been like 10%

I think the release is confusing. My guess is EA2 was 14 percent (which is in line with the 3000 number I heard) and EA1 was 38 percent. This seems like pretty typical rate for EA.

2 Likes

EA2 is not 14% definitely not .

Why do you say that?

It clearly says total acceptance is 14%

I think they made a mistake lmao

2 Likes

Maybe

In the bottom it says they accepted 800 more which would be about 5300 total. They accepted 2300 in EA 1 about so it makes sense for it to be 14% in EA2

3 Likes

They accepted more instate students this year.

Well 2330 to be exact

Where did you guys find that Provost is announced today? And is it mostly aimed at URMs/underprivileged/first-generation students (I found a thread from 2013 alleging that), or is it purely based on stats/ECs/essays?

Where did you get number 5330 total

Sorry 5300