GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

They accepted 4500 last year in EA and this year they said they accepted 800 more than last year in EA

2 Likes

These students join 2,330 Early Action 1 applicants from Georgia who were admitted in early December.

I am little confused

Idk about decision date but “The factors considered for selection of the Provost Scholarships are the same as for admission.”

https://admission.gatech.edu/first-year/provost-scholarship

Did you call them, or was there a public announcement?

“The overall admit rate for Early Action 2, which included both in-state and out-of-state students, was 14% (38% for Georgia students).” - isn’t this line confusing? Because EA2 was for out-of-state students only but it’s saying here EA2 included both in-state and out-of-state?

Yes I heard they accepted 3000 in EA2. More than in EA1

It is confusing which is why I think it was written incorrectly. The rest of the article indicates they accepted more this year which would be in line with the 14 % OOS EA acceptance rate.

1 Like

I’m less than impressed with GT and this inability to be clear on their numbers. Isn’t math supposed to be a strength at GT? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sounds good. 14% acceptance rate is basically an acceptance rate to JHU, Duke, and some Ivies wow.

it is on the database now
https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/dashboards/admissions.html
3,051 Fall
151 summer

1 Like

If they did this then they will take more instate students in RD.

That is in line with the OOS acceptance rate the past few years. I thin 14 % is the lowest I have read but may go up in RD. Typical is around 18% for OOS.

Emailed them and receive the following:

Hello XXXX,

Congratulations on your admission to Georgia Tech! STAMPS were already sent out and provost goes out today. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Office of Undergraduate Admission
Georgia Institute of Technology

3 Likes

If they did what? This is not too out of line with prior years especially with the dramatic increase in applications. I would have thought acceptance percentages would have been lower this year for EA rather than higher or the same?

Because applications were more so data might change this year

2 Likes

Wow 11.9%

The % still includes the RD, you need to calculate it without the RD.
So instead of using 36,654 use 21,500

1 Like

Yes. That includes the assumption of 45k applicants. You have to calculate the percentage on EA applications. In 2019 EA acceptance rate was 14 percent OOS so the same. EA in state was 39.6 so slightly higher.

1 Like

They accepted 2300 in EA1 and a little over 3000 in EA2

1 Like

They like to admit all Pathway transfers who meet criteria although they prefer not to say guaranteed - that’s how they responded to my D’s inquiry. Not sure what the caveat is…