GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

Guess we will find out at 5!

I think there used to be a line for current application status that is missing . . .

Yes it is missing

Just an FYI, GT is need blind for OOS now. Got this info directly from GT Admissions.

Plus, it’s confirmed further by the fact that their deadline for financial aid applications isn’t until the end of January…after EA OOS decisions are released. Nor do they ask you on the Common App if you are applying for aid.

1 Like

That may have changed very recently. The information I saw was from Sept 2020 from a college admissions site. I assume that was based on earlier year information? FASFA has always been due at Tech Jan 31 at least as long as we have been filling it out.

Yeah, what we heard directly from Tech contradicted something we’d seen on another website so we were confused initially.

They also have an admissions rep who is pretty active on Reddit that confirmed they are need blind for OOS.

If financial aid has always been due in January, how did Tech even take financial need into account if they didn’t have your specific numbers in time for EA? Did they have a question on the common app that asked if you’d be applying for aid and your estimated earnings?

Need blind means amount of need not considered, right? So why would they need to know it before giving an admission decision? GT doesn’t not guarantee they meet 100 percent of need like UVA and Berkeley.

I have a “Pay Now” button on Oscar. Wasn’t there this morning.

2 Likes

I also have a pay now button. Does it mean anything?

Where do you see it?

Under the “Student Services and Financial Aid” tab, directly above the “Financial Aid” link.

I just meant that if they were need-aware for OOS in previous years, how did they ascertain “need” without specific numbers or outright asking if you’d be applying for need?

Honestly, when we googled it, every single website said that Tech was need aware for OOS. That’s why we were so surprised when we didn’t see a question on the common app that asked if we’d be applying for aid. That’s what made us doubt what we’d read on other websites and call Tech directly…at which point they conveyed they were need blind for OOS.

Having an OOS kid, we were trying to determine if it made sense not to apply for aid and if that would increase his chances of an acceptance. Since they are need blind, it won’t have any effect.

My D’s portal shows the Pay Now too. No idea if it means anything.

I think a Pay Now button means that you got in according to the thread from last year

Yup that’s what it was last year

PS: Good luck to all the in-staters who will get decisions today! We are looking forward to next month when the OOS kids get their decisions!

@VirginiaBelle @facepalmwarrior
Also at the bottom of the Personal Information tab.

Yup. This was the indicator last year… Are we assuming it’s the same this year?

It’s an assumption, but I’m not counting on anything until I see an acceptance.

I can tell you that I’ve been specifically looking for that button after reading last year’s thread, and the button was 100% not there earlier today.

My D too seeing it

1 Like