GAH, got the letter/supplement to verify application

<p>man, am I one of the unlucky ones who have to turn in verification for one of my activities?? anyone else got one??</p>

<p>I mean its really easy for me to do, just get a letter from one of my advisors, but its still kinda scary when it says uc admissions could be jeopardized if I dont turn in one letter :/</p>

<p>Scary! What activity was it, and did you recieve it by email?</p>

<p>got it in the mail today in a big envelope to verify community service participation</p>

<p>I wonder how many other people got it..</p>

<p>My son received it as well. They wanted him to verify an award.</p>

<p>Well, you're in the 10% that was chosen. Congratulations, lol!</p>

<p>I am very sorry for you. Did ur school recieve it or did u get in your mailbox?</p>

<p>Wow that IS really scary. I hope I don't get something like that. >_></p>

<p>got it in my home mailbox</p>

<p>Im less worried now after I thought about it since my whole app is legit and I saw a thread that as long as you turn in something official/legitimate to back it up, it'll pass</p>

<p>So they've already chosen the 10%? Dang, if I'd known that I'd woulda lied... more.</p>

<p>maybe ... maybe... lol </p>

<p>the mail is on the way to your house. >.<</p>

<p>This sucks. I got selected too... am very scared like you guys. I'm not sure how to verify my membership of American Heart Association because I wasn't a board member or anything....I guess I'll just have to ask someone in the club next meeting...sigh...</p>

<p>Being selected for verification is random. </p>

<p>If you are telling the truth on the apps, verification should be pretty straightforward. It really isn't anything to worry about.</p>

<p>One word of advise to future applicants....keep all awards in a folder!</p>

<p>Well, ****, makes me want to have made up that I, um, saved the rain forest in an historically oppressed area being targeted for redevelopment? Eh?</p>

<p>Was there racism envolved? I bet there was, with the history of oppression and whatnot</p>

<p>Is it random by campus or the whole of the UC systems?</p>

<p>I feel very relieved that I haven't recieved anything.</p>

<p>lol @ GlueEater.
If we haven't received any mail by now, can we rule out having to verify our application?</p>

<p>yes i think your safe if u haven't gotten anything yet...i think...</p>

<p>i have a question if anyone can answer please help me. i wrote on my app that i was in american heart association and i participated in few charity events like hoops 4 heart, heart walk, and dinner events. i got a piece of cardboard saying thanks for participating in hoops 4 heart, a tshirt for volunteering at the heart walk and had a full stomach from the donation dinner events. so im asking if it'll be fine if i just turn in the "certificate" for the hoops 4 heart or do u think they expect me to go to the club adviser for an actual letter?? im asking cuz i dont really kno my adviser but if im expected to get one then i guess i will. help would be much appreciated....</p>

<p>Do you live in California? Just wondering because I live in TX and I didn't get on but I went out of town the 8th. I really hope I didn't get one because it'll be extremely hard for me to verify some stuff seeing as the person who could verify it moved across the country and I have no contact with him anymore.</p>

<p>ya im live in california. i asked the club advisor for a letter and she said she'd write me one so im all good now. </p>

<p>sublimee i wish u luck man...college apps are dam stressful.</p>

<p>yeah im in california also</p>

<p>-I wouldn't consider everyone else to be safe at this point from getting one of these until the end of january, just to be safe</p>