Geneseo Student AMA

@Karategirl431993 Thank you so much for the detailed response. My D really loved campus when we toured over the summer. It is harder to get a feel for the community when school is not in session. Hopefully this information will put her more at ease. :slight_smile:

I am interested in studying geology and biology. Do most freshman live in the south campus? Which would you say is the best freshman dorm. I’m interested in studying hard but at the same time having a good college experience.

@SBWG1111 The freshman-only dorms are all on the south side of campus: Onondaga, Wayne, and Niagara. I lived in Wayne my freshman year, and it was a smaller dorm with a good mix of studying and partying. Since it is reserved for international students and honors students, with only about 30 spots remaining for others, it may be harder to get in. Daga is known for being pretty crazy at times, and people either love that or hate it. I’d say if you want to get a lot of studying done in your room, Daga may not be the best. Not really sure about Niagara, but it is somewhere in the middle. If you are a biology major, you also have a chance to live in Tesla House (Monroe Hall) if you want. This dorm is on central campus. I’m not really sure of the exact details, since they started that when I moved off campus, but it’s a mixed dorm with about sixty freshmen, and is definitely the nicest dorm on campus as it was remodeled about three years ago.

How is the technology? Do professors share their powerpoints and are assignments done online? Is there a student portal?

@hockey19 it all really depends on the professor. Some post their powerpoints to mycourses and utilize online assignments, others won’t post things online at all. I’ve found that younger professors tend to post things online most often.

Thanks for the info. Still have not decided.

Hi there,
I’m considering attending Geneseo but I’m still unsure about it. My overall financial aid package isn’t that great and I was wondering if there are any opportunities at Geneseo that will help alleviate the cost? If so, are these scholarships/programs/etc. easily accessible?

I’m also very interested in doing some research my undergraduate year. Can you tell me a little bit about how I can apply for these research opportunities @ Geneseo? Thanks!