George Washington U. Class of 2027 Official Thread

Do they have single rooms by any chance ?

Yes, my son stays in a single room dorm called l’annonciation - he has his own room and bathroom and it is a short metro ride to campus. There are other ones too but just a bit further than his dorm.

1 Like

how much was the cost for single room?

Got it, thanks!

I think it is about 16k per year - housing in Paris is on the expensive side but not much more than around GW.

That will be wonderful if I could get more information or talk to another parent. My daughter got into this Paris program and wants to go there but I am not too sure and have lot of questions. Any information would be helpful.

1 Like

Hello! My daughter got accepted to the Paris scholars program and I am interested in your sons experience as well as yours? This has been a crazy roller coaster application process.

Do the dorm rooms also have student food options?

1 Like

I started a separate thread on the Paris Program so we can all hopefully connect and gather all the information we can to make the best decisions.

1 Like

Is it just me or I cannot find the place to accept the offer?

does anyone know what percent of frshmen get placed into Mt Vernon housing (not that it’s bad)?

I don’t know that percentage but my daughter graduated from GW and lived on MV for freshman year so I might be able to answer questions about that experience.

My son would also like to know this. He loves GW, but does not want to live on Mt Vernon.

1 Like

We were told at the info session that approximately one-third of freshmen are housed at “The Vern”, including everyone in the various Living Learning Communities (e.g., the Women’s Leadership program); and that all freshmen need to go out there for at least one class (the freshman seminar).

Did she choose MV or was she put there? Are any kids put there who didn’t choose it?

Yes, you can get put at The Vern even if you do not choose it.

Ugh
 he’s super excited about GW but this would be a big negative for him. Do kids on the Vern go and spend the whole day in the city? It seems annoying not to be able to go back to your room between classes. And what do Saturday nights look like if you’re on the Vern?

2 Likes

on the other hand we have toured several other college campuses so big that going back to your room between classes could take just as long as the vern shuttle, plus involve potential rain/cold/sweat

2 Likes

for spring admission, is there any way to appeal / ask for fall admission, or is there no way to do that? not disappointed, im beyond ecstatic that I got accepted at all, seeing all of these impressive stats haha. if not do i just go to a cc for fall semester? ill be kinda sad im missing all the welcoming freshman stuff.

I actually wonder about the benefit of MV campus for first year – sounds appealing to me (not sure what D23 thinks yet!)