George Washington U. Class of 2027 Official Thread

Same for my son. Spring start is not appealing at all. He will be disappointed for sure.

1 Like

My daughter just received this as well.

Does anyone know if GW has ever been known to negotiate on merit money?

1 Like

Waitlisted OOS, neuroscience
4.45 GPA, 3.86 UW
Strong ECs: founder of nonprofit, published neurology research, extensive work with city and city youth, local awards and award from u.s. gov, soccer, part time job etc.

I was turned down when trying to ask for more merit… Told the merit offers are final. But doesn’t hurt to ask.

2 Likes

Daughter accepted into theatre with a Corcoran Scholarship! $18k Corcoran & $2,890 “University & Alumni Award.” She’s very excited about the Corcoran! However, I’m not sure we’ll be able to afford it even with this lovely news.

(Stats: 3.7 unweighted, 8 AP’s, 1380, drama club president & other good theatre-related ECs over many years.)

damn good merit! Why was it his favorite campus? I’m honing in on the word “campus” as I thought GW did not have the traditional campus? (I could see why it would be his favorite school, of course!)

2 Likes

and my D23 accepted. 4.4ish wGPA, 33 ACT, strong ECs in environment and local politics. 10 APs.

accepted w/20k per yr scholarship

1520 sat, 4.1-4.2 wgpa, around 13 weighted classes. unique ecs w/regional and national recognition. president & founder of a very successful school club, specialized volunteering and work exp

1 Like

nv mind now

accepted corcoran college of arts and sciences, presidential scholarship $22k/year

4.48W GPA, 1500 SAT, decent app

1 Like

Yes, maybe his favorite location. He loved being in the heart of DC. Of course this is the only tour my husband took him on (in place of me).
The scholarship he received was engineering-specific.

2 Likes

So I got in but for Paris Scholars Program. Does anyone know anything about this?

They do not negotiate merit. We tried that last year. My oldest son is a freshman there. He loves it!

3 Likes

Waitlisted OOS Political Science
4.0 UW 4.30 W, 9 AP classes
1470 SAT/33 ACT
Strong EC/Awards including State Thespian Officer, Chair of youth town council, most outstanding junior last year in a class of 500+, started a free theatre camp for youth in the community.

It’s okay because she just received a full ride scholarship to any school of her choice in our state.

1 Like

When do admitted students find out about whether they were accepted to the Honors program?

make sure to check the “special programs” tab on the portal, that should list the decision!

It’s not in the admission letter?

Hello! Thank you for offering to share information about the Paris Program. My son is very interested. He plans to major in International Affairs/Political Science. Has your son had a good experience?

1 Like

My son is also international affairs/political science (hopes to go to law school) and has loved his time in Paris - it is an experience of a lifetime (though they will get homesick). But I think your kid has to want to do this - my son was dying to.

4 Likes

That’s great news. Thank you!