George Washington University RD 2021

@India1234 You should have received an email with your GWID and link to login to the portal. If you use GMAIL, type GWU in the search function as sometimes emails are hidden (we’ve learned).

@India1234 sometimes it takes a while but you should’ve received an email

Hey guys! I want to switch my application from regular decision to EDII - is it way too late? What’s the quickest way for me to do this? Thanks!

@Adools email admissions asap

I applied RD, I only did FAFSA and CSS, and what else shall I do? School doesn’t send any mail for FA

@mochiko I have the same problem here. The website doesn’t specify what forms I need to send and where I need to send them. A little worried they didn’t receive my FAFSA and CSS though. It didn’t have a checkmark next to it on the portal. What did everyone else submit for FA?

Try emailing admissions, i didn’t file for FA so I don’t know /: but I hope I can help a bit!

This is directly from the GW website:
• Indicate on the Undergraduate Admissions Common Application that student will be applying for aid.

• To maximize eligibility for all sources of aid we encourage applicants to submit both the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) applications.

• Complete the CSS Profile online using the GW School Code 5246. The Profile is not required if you only wish to be considered for Federal aid. However, in order to be considered for GW need based grants and scholarships, students must also complete the CSS Profile and Non-Custodial Profile, if applicable. For assistance with the Profile application, email CSS at help@cssprofile.org or call844-202-0524.

• Complete the FAFSA using the GW School Code 001444 in order to be considered for federal financial assistance. Use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool will streamline your application. For assistance with the FAFSA application call 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3242)

• If a dependent applicant’s parents are divorced, we will follow federal guidelines and collect information for the custodial parent and step-parent, if the custodial parent has remarried.

• Submit to our office signed copies of prior year federal tax returns and W2 statements for custodial parents (and step-parent, if applicable) and student (GW does not receive documents through the CSS Profile IDOC system). Estimated or draft copies of tax returns, or notifications of filing extensions are not accepted.

****When my son was applying, he labeled each page of the documents (tax returns and W-2’s)with his name and GW ID (he printed the labels on word, you can print a page of all the same labels under the labels tab )

****You mail them to:
GWU
Office of Student Financial Assistance
800 21st Street NW
Colonial Central
Marvin Center/Ground Floor
Washington, DC 20052

• Submit the Verification of Family Member Enrollment which must be completed by the Financial Aid Office of the other school for each family member who is attending a school other than GW.

Submit required Verification Documents

****If you use the IRS data retrieval tool on the FAFSA you probably won’t be asked for verification

****was added by me

Saw mentions earlier of a groupme so heres a link if anyone wants to join
https:// app.■■■■■■■■■■■ /join_group/ 27391718/ wItyYw

Anyone know what date ED 2 notices will be sent? GWU website says mid Feb. Some colleges send earlier than the date posted. Wondering if GWU notices might come out earlier.

@GWUhopeful Mid-February

Does anyone know how much lower the acceptance rate is for regular decsion applicants?

Last year the ED acceptance rate was 69% whereas the RD acceptance rate was 45%.

Does anyone know how generous GW is with FA? I applied ED II but my family makes 23k a year and GWU’s regular cost is like triple that.

@tunnitk GWU meets 89% of demonstrated need on average

does anyone know when RD decisions are coming out?

I heard it should be early March.

When did decisions come out last year?

^

Do you guys think we’ll hear back this week? Also, I never got an email link to the decision portal…