George Washington University RD 2021

Hey guys, this is a discussion board for George Washington University, Class of 2021 RD, hopefully we can speak on here. Post your stats and decisions!

Also, if anyone else wants to create a GroupMe or join one, I can create one?? Hopefully we can start off good!

My D applied RD, she submitted scores, did you? Worried about aide there, though.

@cloudysmom I submitted my scores, and I didn’t apply for aide
I wish I applied EDII, I think their acceptance rate is a bit higher

@mishk90. It is higher but we need aid so we could not make that commitment so just did RD. When do we hear? 4/1? Do you know if it’s a letter or email? Thanks!

It will be an email @cloudysmom

Also, decisions will go out around March

My D applied RD and sent in scores. She really enjoyed the campus tour. She is not on CC.

@Fishnlines29 What did she think of the campus? We were not able to tour, was there enough of a campus to have gathering places for students to meet, in all weather? My main concern is meeting others, esp as there is no dining hall, not much campus. Thanks!

@mishk90 Thanks!

@cloudysmom Yes, she really liked the campus. I personally think there are plenty of gathering places - yes, many are outside, several ‘quads’ etc, but there are indoor places like the Marvin center, Library, Student Lounge areas, etc. I generally don’t think people necessarily initially meet in a dining hall anyway, rather, meet first through dorms or clubs then ‘go out to lunch/coffee/etc’ together. There is another thread on the dining hall topic - my biggest concern about no hall was finding healthy places to eat - that thread made me feel confident that current students who cared and made an effort had no difficulty finding healthy choices.

Also, the campus is literally a few blocks from the “mall” where students have access to museums, places to hang out, play Frisbee, have a snowball fight, etc :slight_smile:

EDIT: to add that also, it does have a bit of a “city” feel so if that matters…

@Fishnline29 Thank you very much! That’s very helpful!

I hate that we have to wait till the end of March! I worry about FA as I hear they aren’t so great with it.

I am sending my ED form tomorrow to be considered for ed ii instead of regular

Does anyone know who I should send my financial statement, bank statement, and passport photo to? I was prompted to log in to my applicant portal and realized that I did not submit those documents at the time of my application. Will this affect my application in any way? Where should I go from here?

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Where did you get the form from?!

@yikestm look up GW ED form

@nameisvivien admissions but also call and find out

sorry if this is annoying, but could you be more specific? i really wanna change but im not sure if it is too late, and when I searched what you said I couldn’t find anything. Should I email the school? Also I am assuming they allow you to switch this late??

@yikestm Sorry about that! Email admissions along with your GWID and ask them to send you the ED agreement, bubble in ED2 when you get it and make sure you send it back to them.
Emailing is the best, they will send it back to you:)

Have any of you received any application portal or anything to signify that they’ve gotten the application?