George Washington University RD 2021

Last few years it has been around March 25

RD decisions come out late March/early April per GW’s website:

https://undergraduate.admissions.gwu.edu/key-dates-deadlines

where did you hear that from? @schoolistoohard

@sgomez98 I read threads from last year. They send out things called “likely letters” early March.

@schoolistoohard Don’t read too much into what happened last year. Admissions processes change from time to time (deadlines and notification dates keep spreading with more applicants each year), so the best reference is what’s actually on GW’s website (that I linked to above).

I got email from GW to ask about the missing FA documents. My portal said “received” of FAFSA and CSS.
It doesn’t show any required documents, what other items do i need to send to the GW? and how can I send it?

I applied RD but haven’t gotten a GWID yet. I got a confirmation from the CA though so I know my app was sent. I don’t know what’s going on with it, checked my trash and spam, only thing I could think of is that it was in the spam and timed out but idk. Advice?

@drycleanonly When’d you apply? I got my GWID within three days of submitting the app so I’d email admissions if I were you, just to make sure everything’s okay.

I’ve been on CC for months reading all of the posts but just created an account. My son received an email from GW requiring additional documents for FA. We had to create an account in GW Information system to see what additional documents were requested. The email states that receiving the letter prior to an admissions decision does not constitute that you’ve been admitted. Yet when you are in this information system it says “New Student Fall 2017”. Has anyone else ever received this email and in previous years if you did were you then admitted?

Karen4474, my son’s portal said “FAFSA and css received”. Where can I find the requirement doc? He asked us to turn in the doc, but it doesn’t say which ones??

@mochiko this is the information in the email he received… we had to create an account in the link provided in email.

To find which documents are missing, please link to the GW Portal at https://banweb.gwu.edu. Since this leads to your personal information, you will need to log-in by using your User ID (GWid) and PIN, which is initially your date of birth in the format mmddyy. Your GWid is provided to you by the Office of Admissions. Upon your initial log-in to the GWeb Information System, you will be directed to change your PIN, create a security question and accept the terms of usage.

Once logged onto GWEB, please choose the following options:

Click onto [Financial Aid Menu]

Click onto [My Eligibility]

Click onto [Financial Aid Requirements]

Select [ 2017-2018 Financial Aid Year]

Check those items found in the “Outstanding Requirements” section. These are the documents that we need and which require additional action on your part.

@karen4474 where did you see fall student 2017. We got the same email. I went into the portal. I didn’t see that phrase. It has his cost of attendance. Just curious where you saw that phrase. This is all so stressful! You

Does anyone know if they’re sending likely letters this year?

My D received the same email yesterday. I took it as a good sign that she will be admitted and hopefully receive scholarship money. Does anyone know when the requested documents are due. Also does anyone know if these documents need to be submitted before decision letters are finalized. Which, of course, begs the question, does anyone know when the decision letters are sent and how?

encinitas5: you mean the mail about the missing doc for financial aid?

mochiko: Yes. Is there a due date for the missing financial aid documents? And does anyone know when decisions come out.

@encinitas5 I believe they will be out around the 24th, the last friday of the month. Not completely positive but I think that was the consensus of the forum

I am interested in applying to GW next year but I’m afraid my credentials won’t make the cut. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in telling me what you guys did to make you stand out and get in?

@LiliVoss , we will let you know when we all hear back at the end of the month, if we have gotten in. Seems right now GW is mostly asking for Financial aide documents.

Honestly, no one makes friends in college in the cafeteria. Students wanted to get rid of the dining hall because 1) it was overpriced 2) the food was not good. As a sophomore, I know myself and others are so happy we do not have it anymore.