George Washington University Transfer

Yea I have not heard back from them either.

I’m still waiting, too.

Just got an email that said they’re currently at capacity. Got in for spring though.
“Thank you for applying to transfer to the George Washington University. We are very interested in having you join the GW community. Unfortunately, we are at capacity for fall 2018. If you still wish to attend GW, we would like to offer you guaranteed admission for spring 2019, provided you maintain a 3.0 GPA in any fall coursework.”

"Thank you for applying to the George Washington University. After completing a careful review of your application and supporting credentials, our Admissions Committee has concluded that we are unable to offer you acceptance to the university for Fall 2018. Many talented students applied to GW this year, and unfortunately we have to limit the number of students we accept. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate every student who is interested in GW.

We are honored to have been placed on your list of college choices and appreciate the time you spent creating a thoughtful application for admission. We wish you great success in your college studies.

If your interest in GW remains, please note that we welcome transfer students in the fall and spring, including students who were previously denied but who show a record of success at another institution. We look forward to hearing from you in the future if you believe that your needs could still be served at GW."

Received at 8:19 pm Eastern time. Will now be attending William and Mary! If I’m honest as I was opening the email and logging into my portal and hoping I wasn’t accepted.

I was given guaranteed admission for Spring 2019 and told that Fall 2018 is at capacity, just like @lifeissoobtuse. Seems any decision after today will be a denial or guranteed admission to Spring. Sorry, guys.

I’ll be attending OSU. Guaranteed admission is not worth a $3000 contract cancellation fee lol. Good luck and congrats to everyone who got in!

What a very interesting conclusion.

Yup, all quite odd.
I’ll be attending Wellesley, but I’m glad that we at least have a final decision, it’s a weight off.

Denied. I guess a 3.97 and student govt positions isn’t enough for them. Oh well, happy to be going elsewhere:)

Denied as well. Yeah, I agree with @jacs5962 - apparently, 4.0 GPA with 56 college credits, being Jack Kent Cooke Semi-Finalist, and having recommendation letters from US Senator, Lieutenant Governor, and president of college just is not enough for them! :)) But that’s okay! GW has never been my first choice - only applied hoping for aid. I’m glad to say that I’ll be attending my first choice this fall!

Yeah this entire cycle hasn’t made any sense. When I got denied I wasn’t let down… I was more relieved than anything. They really didn’t want transfers this year and their behavior beginning to end showed it.

Rejected as well.

Has anyone who has recently been accepted gotten their financial aid award yet? I am so irritated because I have emailed/called them multiple times about the award and I have gotten the same, scripted response and I sat on hold for the financial aid office for 50 minutes before I gave up today. I NEED it by tomorrow or I am not gonna be able to commit…

for the returning students its suppose to be released tomorrow.

I got accepted on July 6th (that’s when the email for my decision came in) my financial aid was emailed to me on July 13th.
I handed in my deposit and committed but my question is I already missed the transfer student admitted day because I got my acceptance letter not even 10 days ago, I’m slightly lost on how to approach this after my despoition.

Anybody attending GW help?

@americandaydream I also got accepted into the Elliot School!! Hope to see you this fall!
Question: I’m confused about orientation day because I got my acceptance letter so late… And also regarding housing/campus I’m kinda lost…

@kimkim2525 Hello! I decided against attending the Admitted Student Reception on June 26th because I was traveling during that time. I would recommend registering for the Colonial Inauguration event, which will take place on August 24th and is designed for transfer students. Certainly, there are other CI one-day events before the one on the 26th, but I believe those are for the freshman class. Unfortunately, the online application for housing is under construction until the 17th of July, so you’ll have to wait until that day to access it, which you can do by Googling “GWU housing” and clicking on the “Apply” tab, which will have various options for you depending upon whether you’re a transfer, incoming freshman, or continuing upper-class student. I truly hope that helps you in some way!

In the transfer credit worksheet is states: “Assuming there is no duplication of coursework, a maximum of 24 credits may be awarded on the basis of work completed while enrolled in high school through examinations such as AP/IB/A-Levels. Once enrolled at GW, all undergraduates are limited to 9 additional credit hours that may be transferred from other colleges or universities.” So only 9 transfer credit hours can be transferred?

@carlssbad I’m curious about that too. If you are interested, you can schedule an appt. (either by phone or in person) with your academic advisor to discuss credit transfer. I will be speaking with mine (its based on school and then last name) on Wednesday so if you haven’t gotten your question answered by then I will let you know what I hear:)

I didn’t get in but I’m still following this thread. That definitely sounds like in cases where you are a visiting student. For instance, if you had courses left at a community college and you wanted to take them over the summer you are limited to 9. If the school only took 9 credits nobody would transfer

@carlsssbad and @americandaydream: yes, @dcstorm97 is correct. Once you start taking classes at GW, you cannot transfer more than 9 credits back at another school, which basically refers to if one is taking summer classes. If you take summer classes at another institution, you can bring back the credit, but the grade will not transfer (it will say pass/no pass on your GW transcript).