George Washington University Transfer

@Sadboi99 I called GW July 3rd and they said that both acceptances and rejections were sent out and that both acceptences and rejections will continue to be sent out at a later date. Maybe those that were accepted didn’t post or are unaware of this forum.

I have already committed to BC but have not heard from GW either way. Are responses going out hard copy or electronically?

@bbfan1927 electronic

Will we find our acceptances or rejections on the portal used to check what they have received from us… or that banner Gweb one?

I don’t think I will go even if I get accepted at this point. Why would I go to a business school that has terrible customer service, no transparency, and fails to meet deadlines?

I’m going to be very real with everyone. I don’t think we are getting a decision until July 16th.

The minute I got my decision - even if I was turned down, it was a huge load off my shoulders. I was more relieved than anything. I could finally let the State Department know where I was going to school, inform my boss, key my family in, start coordinating with my new school. It’s only been three days since I received word and I would say that I’m at a severe disadvantage with my other school and housing - I am seriously at a loss for words at waiting another week for you guys.

Especially with the Department of Veterans Affairs guys, you will need to fill out a Request for Change of School as a transfer student and that takes up to 30 days to receive from the VA. Most schools you need proof of that in order to put a hold on your account for tuition and fees. I can only imagine scrambling trying to receive that and getting a new Certificate of Eligibility. I hope that the veterans office (or if you are a dependent using benefits) that they are accommodating if those forms are late, which they most likely will be.

Just talked to an admissions rep and she was really sweet and sympathetic that this chaos was putting us all in a really tough spot. However, she did say that there is really no timeline.
I wondered because I have actually decided to take the fall semester off, is it possible to defer transfer admissions to the Spring? I was able to that with Bard and I just wondered for the people accepted if that was an option or not?

…I just got an email that my decision is ready. I’ve been waiting so long for this but now I am so nervous I don’t want to open it ahhh

@americandaydream good luck!!! I’m rooting for you!! As for me, nothing yet.

Thank you @jacs5962 your luck must have helped bc I was accepted into Elliott:) I wish the best for everyone else! I hope you hear soon!

Okay I was just accepted but there no information about my financial aid award and which of my credit transferred. Is that just not available yet?

@carlsssbad Congratulations! It says in the email “Financial aid packages will be sent within a few days to students who have submitted all required documents. Students receiving transfer credit from GW will receive a report via email in the coming days”

Congrats to you too! And thank you! I guess i was so excited reading the letter i just skipped over that haha

Is anyone else still waiting?

i am!! :frowning: @Kate0615

@kabs11 let’s hope that it won’t be too long until we finally get our decisions!

Update: still waiting. Looks like it’s a good thing I already committed elsewhere. (Still up for being accepted and offered better aid by GW tho…!

@niiniin yeah, I’m in the same situation. I already committed to American. Just waiting for GW to find out my aid… Or, at least, finally get some kind of decision! Good luck to you:)

Still waiting as well.