Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

Exactly. Same situation here. 2 acceptances from this week never showed up in our scans. I would not put too much reliance on it. I routinely receive mail that is not showing up on Informed Delivery.

3 Likes

Georgetown was actually sending out acceptances/rejections ONLY via US mail until just a few years ago. So, they have typically done things differently. I think quite a few schools do send out a letter a few days to week later.

No. I would assume normal first-class letter rate for non-profit, though. There was nothing special in it. To others not seeing mail, do not read into it one way or another. We have received other college mailings this cycle that were not in the informed delivery email. I should not be feeding this speculation!

3 Likes

Nothing here by informed delivery but it can’t take photos of everything.

Son is double legacy here. We are hoping.

1 Like

Confirmed w admissions, is today

6 Likes

We have the letter in our informed delivery but I agree with others - we often have additional letters arrive that were not photographed during daily report. (And large items never get photographed)

1 Like

Good luck to all

Can anyone confirm the thing about different postage amounts indicating acceptance vs. rejection?

Thank goodness. Thank you for calling.

Exactly. Lots of our mail is never photographed.

The one reference to it was from five years ago. Not worth speculating over.

1 Like

out of curiosity, is anyone’s slate still not under decided?

For me it still says complete, not decided

ok, same! i was wondering if there was correlation with “decided” and mail, but i guess not

Look back to the 2018 (I think?) College confidential Georgetown thread. That’s where I saw the postage discussion. Given ours is the lower weight that equates to WL/rejection back in 2018 - I’m hoping they changed policies now and send out same weight letter to all !

1 Like

What time do decisions typically release

I think there would have been posts about this since 2018 if it remained an indicator.

Final Slate Update: 03/29/23 10:31 PM ET. Under the Complete Tab with Decided bubbled in blue

1 Like

Evening. Higher up in the thread, someone said around 6pm last year. But it seems so different from year to year, so who knows.

Just got something in the mail from GU. My senior isn’t home for awhile so I am just holding this thing up to the light!! Postage was $.60.

3 Likes