Georgia Tech Admissions Fall 2022

I agree that 3/12 is likely the date. DS was deferred EA2 and received an email at the time stating decisions would be made “mid-March” and since last year they were released on Saturday Mar. 13 it stands to reason that this year it would be Saturday Mar. 12.

1 Like

Posted on Twitter just now…

3 Likes

So I am not sure how to interpret this. Does this mean only in state applicants will hear on March 5 and non-Georgia students will hear sometime before Mar. 26 or is it possible most students whether in state or OOS will hear this Saturday? Does anyone know if in state and out of state applicants in the past were given regular admission decisions on different dates?

Yes that’s what it sounds like. In-state this Saturday and out of state later in the month.

I believe this is the first time they have split RD between IS and OOS. They split EA last year.

Yes I agree. It also sounds almost like it could be a rolling admission decision for the OOS applicants as opposed to a single release.

Question for folks who were part of Gold Carpet Day at Georgia Tech - does the event cover any department specific meetings/seminars? We are debating between registering for Gold Carpet Day 3/28 or going for an hour long CS department tour scheduled for another day. Will anyone know about the difference between these 2 events specifically in regards to understanding more about the department rather than the campus since as OOS applicant we visited in the summer and took the official campus tour.

This was the Gold Carpet Day full schedule.

There were presentations tailored to each college (11:10am to 11:45am). We did the engineering one, so can’t comment on the CS one. If you have toured GT before, you might be better served by attending the CS department tour.

1 Like

We attended the College of Computing seminar, had a Q&A session with 5 CS students. Was helpful to understand current student perspectives on the CS program. Did a tour of the campus and the Klaus building after the event, most of the facilities were closed as it was late Friday afternoon

1 Like

Does anyone know when financial aid for early action is released?

1 Like

We are registered for the Gold Carpet day on 28 March, but did not do any additional registrations for campus tour. Will this one registration cover most of the key info for a college of computing admit?

Did Georgia Tech decisions come out for In-state students ?

Yes, at noon today.

For OOS applicants, does anyone think decisions will come out today at noon?

We are watching, just in case. Good luck to you and others OOS! :four_leaf_clover:

Unlikely. GT said Decisions for OOS will be released no later than March 26.
Good luck to all who are waiting for decisions! :four_leaf_clover:

Apologize if this has been asked, but does GT only release on weekends?

My understanding is that they always seem to release at noon on Saturdays but I have wondered the same thing given the vague post regarding OOS applicants being notified “no later than March 26”

1 Like

I am guessing they left wiggle room to release 3/19 (this Saturday) as even that is later than normal based on past years.

1 Like

March 25 non-Georgia students

1 Like

Source?