Georgia Tech Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Georgia Tech Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 4

Decisions are coming Friday, March 3 for Georgia residents!

1 Like

what about oos?

2 Likes

March 24th.

1 Like

Father of a GT class of 27 hopeful here. Our kid is applying for CS which is super competitive so she’s been waitlisted. Was hoping our kid would at least get a conditional offer the wife and I both graduated from GT years ago, but I’m nervous that won’t be enough to push her over the edge and get her in. Curious if anyone knows how likely it is for legacy kids to come off of the wait list and be offered a conditional offer?

Does anyone known when waitlist decisions come out?

She should be offered one off the waitlist. My understanding is they give around 8000 transfer pathways to academically qualified students and if she is on the waitlist she is academically qualified. My middle kid is a legacy thru his grandad and brother (current student) and got one when the waitlist closed.

Varies year to year. Last year they took 41 kids off the waitlist. It started after May 1. A large percentage were offered spots in the first year semester abroad program.

Are there any stats for how many students accepted in-state last Friday? Here is so quiet.

2 Likes

Thanks. Any idea on when the conditional offers normally start coming out? I imagine those won’t start until the waitlist is closed. The timing of this isn’t really great since other schools need a deposit by May 1, not to mention signing up for a dorm. If our daughter accepts the GT offer we’ll be flushing our other deposit down the drain.

But I guess we have to hedge our bets here since I don’t trust GT to give her a conditional offer. I expect her to get a conditional offer (then again I expected her to get accepted, shows what I know), but the old GT is still burned into my brain from when I attended so I carry a lot of skepticism.

2 Likes

All waitlisted students who are not accepted off the waitlist will get a notification that the waitlist is closed. It will be on their portal. If they are offered a conditional pathway it will say so in the notification letter posted on the portal. It will likely be June or later so commit so where before May 1.

Daughter finally decided to accept GT as her college. We paid the acceptance deposit a few days ago and filled out the housing contract today. However, there does not seem to be a way to pay the housing deposit - no bill in her bursars account, no payment options appeared when completing the housing contract - does anyone know how to pay the housing deposit? Thank you so much in advance!

Final Decision Release:
Friday, March 24 7 p.m. ET
For All Remaining First-Year Applicants

4 Likes

Admitted! Physics, International, Chile :chile:

2 Likes

OOS, waitlisted, CS; 1590 4.0 uw

OOS, waitlisted, 36 ACT, 4.0 uw gpa, mechanical engineering

1 Like

I’m sorry. Similar stats for my OOS son and he’s been waitlisted too.

OOS (CA), Accepted, Computer Science.
36 ACT, 3.96uw/4.7w. 14 APs (including 5 right now), and 7 DE (MV, Linear Algebra and Diff Equations, plus 4 others).

2 Likes

DS accepted OOS

1 Like