Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

There was no email. It is on the portal.

1 Like

You can only register for one, either the gold carpet day which is a full day event, or the admitted student tour which is for a couple of hours I think. We will be flying in from west coast, so want to make sure son has a good opportunity to learn and get the feel of the college.

We are doing admitted students tour on March 1. I did not know about Gold Carpet until now. I have never even been to Atlanta so exited to see the city and GT. But just going for one night. I am flying from New England and I can’t miss too much school.

2 Likes

That’s great! Do share your experience here after its done. My son registered for end of March.

1 Like

Can you please post the link? The link I got has a page not found error

We were able to register for one of the Campus tours and one of the Invention Studio tours when we signed up for Gold Carpet Day 2/25 earlier today.

We didn’t know about the Gold Carpet Days before either. My son was looking for the Admitted Student Days calendar on the portal and found out about the Gold Carpet Day option.

When will GT send the financial aid letter to EA admitted students?

My son and I are also doing March 1 admitted students tour. Didnt know about Gold Carpet Day .

1 Like

I have no idea why no admitted students seem to have been invited to attend Gold Carpet Day. As I recall, there was an email invitation to attend several years ago (pre-Covid). The school did a great job with the program and I think a tour was automatically included for whichever GCD participants registered for. It’s a very important component of the program. My strong preference would be to attend GCD with a tour. If there aren’t any left, for some strange reason (perhaps it’s a glitch), I would call Admissions ASAP and explain the predicament you’re in, especially if you’re traveling some distance just to see GT. After all, the school wants admitted students to commit, so it’s definitely in its best interest to make Gold Carpet Day as appealing as possible. It shouldn’t be that hard to work you into a tour, as there are many guides on campus and the tours go on every day.
On a related note, if staying overnight, I’d also book the GT hotel, as that also fills up quickly when something’s going on. It’s fun to stay there with other GT families, it’s right in Tech Square, and it’s a nice facility.

We are from the west coast and had the opportunity to visit GT for a self guided tour last spiting break and then again for a guided tour over the summer. It was great to go on the guided tour and learn about the programs and facilities. Trying to decide if it is worth going to an admitted students event. Are they much different.

Gold Carpet Day is very informative and a lot of fun for students and parents, but if money and/or time is short and you’ve been there twice before, it’s likely not necessary.

1 Like

Any idea when does GT release merit scholarships for EA2. I have submitted fafsa and asked to be considered for merit scholarships, but not for need based

There is very little in the way of merit scholarships at Tech. Stamps/Gold scholarships come out mid February but those who are selected to interview for those have already been notified. Other than those and the Provost scholarship (40 given to OOS students to bring down tuition to in state levels), there are a handful given out as Dean Grants for Ivan Allen admittees. That is basically it I think that does not have a need based component.

1 Like

Yes and we already paid for airline tickets so that is when we are going.

1 Like

Too late for us because I already booked airline tickets for the admitted students day.

Kiddo signed up for March 28 Gold Carpet Day.
There is a glitch in the registration page as it is not allowing to sign up for the tour.
GT is fixing it.

1 Like

Just curious if anyone accepted OOS has been offered a Provost Scholarship? or know when GA Tech sends notifications about this award?

1 Like

It does not allow us to register for gold day as we are registered for an admitted student day. Still deciding if its worthwhile to change flight reservations to attend the gold carpet day

1 Like

Change it if possible or you’ll miss your photo op with the Ramblin’ Wreck :wink:

2 Likes