Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

We went to admitted students day and thought it was great. I personally wouldn’t change a flight. The Ramblin Wreck was there admitted students day also and there will be lots of chances for a photo op.

3 Likes

I am not changing my flights. I am sure admitted students day will be fine.

2 Likes

Within 2 weeks after decisions are released, so has to be received by this Friday

We’re not changing our flights either. DS has visited before and it’s his first choice. The Ramblin’ Wreck photo op sounds like fun! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks!

Does anyone know how many kids are invited to participate in the Dean’s Scholarship Week for Scheller at the end of the month?

My D was accepted EA but is waiting on a few other school decisions before committing. She received an email yesterday about housing. I understand housing is a first come, first serve basis. Is it wise to complete the housing application and pay the non-refundable deposit to get on the list for housing? I understand you can cancel if you decide to not attend GT. There is a webinar on housing next week that we plan to attend to gain more info. Any insight appreciated.

Based on the previous discussions in this thread, it is better to pay deposits to secure housing while waiting for other decisions

Can you pay just a housing deposit without enrolling?

Unfortunately no…you have to pay $250 before housing deposit is an option.

From my understanding, you cannot double deposit for enrollment.

Anybody knows if the Provost Scholarships are out yet?

1 Like

DS was in the same situation wrt waiting on other decisions before committing to GT. While the options are slim when accepting late, he found that he is on a hall with others that also waited on top uni’s to announce and he feels that the cohort on his hall are some of the top kids at GT, which he likes. The dorm he is in is not considered a good dorm to be in and he was a bit concerned but he really likes the dorm now that he is there.

2 Likes

Thank you, that is a very good point! I hope your son has a great experience!

I have been wondering about this myself!
“Nolefam” on this forum had indicated 2 weeks after decisions are received…so that would be today??

Seems like today would be the last day to hear from it :four_leaf_clover:

https://scholars.em.gatech.edu/provost-scholarship

Yes, I had seen this. I was curious if anyone in this forum has been awarded the provost scholarship. I recall that FAFSA had to be submitted by the end of January, which makes me wonder if this scholarship is exclusively awarded on the basis of merit…

Since only 40 scholarships are awarded, it’s possible that it’s already been sent out and none in this forum got it/want to report it. I think these scholarships are all merit based.

2 Likes

Tech requires a separate application for admission to First-Year Learning Communities. DS is undecided on whether to apply or not. Would appreciate any thoughts/feedback on this program. Thanks

1 Like

DS is a freshman in the Honors LLC. He applied late, and I don’t think his essay was all that good, so despite the fact that they seem to say they rely heavily on the essay and not so much on stats, I think he got in because of his stats.

Pros:

• he committed late, so it was great to know what dorm he would be in, and remove that stress. I was happy he would be on West Campus.
  • knowing that he’d be with kids that are academics-focused
  • knowing that he’d be with kids that want to make new friends
  • knowing that he’d be with kids that will take advantage of all GT has to offer
  • priority access to honors sections of classes
  • Honors programs including a special ‘retreat’ at the beginning of the year, and other events like plays, sports events, etc.
  • Connections with upperclassmen & faculty advisors

The only con I can think of is that it costs an extra $800. And it’s a bummer they don’t get priority registration for all classes like they do in other colleges’ Honors programs.

If your child is set on rushing a frat/sorority freshman year, I might not bother - they’ll find their people there, but for my DS, he’s found his people in the Honors LLC. I’ve heard of such amazing kids there with wonderful work-ethics, diverse backgrounds, and many fascinating hobbies/interests. It’s been beyond amazing. My DS has been exposed to and done more in the past seven months than in his entire prior life.

One note of caution - look closely at the dorms that are assigned for LLCs next year. I believe that the Honors LLC freshman are being moved to Crecine, which is apartment-style living. That may be a pro or a con depending on your opinion.

3 Likes