Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

May I ask how you got this informed? Did they send you a notification email?

We’re waiting for some scholarship info from GT, but haven’t heard anything from them.

Did any of you get some scholarships? We’re OSS fyi.

There is very little merit scholarship money at Georgia Tech. It sounds like the poster was picked by the admissions committee to interview for the full ride Stamps scholarship (a small number of outstanding applications are selected from early action applicants to interview), and received the Dean’s Grant instead.

As far as merit only scholarships at Georgia Tech, there are the stamps scholarships, gold scholarships, provost scholarships and Dean grants. More detail on all of these is available on the GeorgiaTech website. I believe that covers most/all of it.

Thank you so much for your info. So just to verify, did all of the stamps scholarships, gold scholarships, provost scholarships, and Dean grants have been announced already? I’m very new on this, so any help is thankful!

Stamps and Gold are part of the same process, and finalist weekend is in a few weeks. My understanding is that those not selected for Stamps Presidential will be offered the Gold.

I want to comment on this… It is not just limited to urban areas. There have been huge spikes in crimes at colleges in rural areas too. I live in rural Virginia right in between UVA and VT. crime has surged in all areas. You cant park on the street of C’Ville overnight without getting your tires slashed. VT just had a shooting that killed a boy from my area. An MS-13 gang member was just arrested (another crime) and word on the street is that they are moving in and recruiting. Heck a little rural LAC college just lost 2, security and campus police member, to shooting two weeks ago, not far from JMU. I belong to several college parent pages and it seems crime is creeping up everywhere. It is important for your children to be aware of their surroundings and make smart decisions, no matter what campus they are on. I think the worst thing you can do is give them a false sense of security because of where their chosen college is located.

4 Likes

Provost scholarships are announced a couple of weeks after the decision. There are three decision dates but the early action Provost scholarships have been announced for those who are already admitted. As mentioned, stamps and gold are part of the same process which started weeks ago. Finalist weekend is coming up.

It looks like at least some deans grants were awarded to early admitted students. Although there are a lot of different names for scholarships, they are very few and number. There are 60 Provost scholarships for example. Provost brings OOS tuition down to in state. Gold and Deans Grants are the same I believe.

The scholarship situation at Georgia Tech for merit only scholarships is very similar to other prestigious state schools - Most who get into Georgia Tech are awarded generous merit scholarships at other schools but very few are awarded these scholarships at Georgia Tech

2 Likes

Are these merit scholarships (the few that are awarded) only given to those admitted through early action? Or are any of them granted to RD and deferred+accepted EA applicants as well?

We’re part of the Fulton County Public School System, not APS, in Johns Creek. My son applied for aerospace engineering and received a Conditional Transfer Pathway Offer for a start Summer 2023. Not legacy, not first gen. He had good stats, 33 ACT, 4.0 gpa, ec’s, ap’s. He got his app in a little late in the ED2 cycle.

2 Likes

I got the College of Science’s Dean scholarship as well! I am also a finalist for Stamps, so I’m excited to be at finalist weekend. GT is really moving further and further up my list!

6 Likes

There are some Provost scholarships given to regular decision applicants. It is required to apply early action to be considered for Stamps or Gold. Because the scholarships are so competitive, a student who applied early but was deferred would not be in contention for a merit scholarship such as a deans grant in all likelihood.

The kids who are selected for the Stamps scholarship often are deciding between Georgia Tech and MIT or an Ivy admission.

2 Likes

Interesting. The conditional transfer pathway has historically been given to people with a connection to GeorgiaTech either through Legacy, child of an employee, etc. That sounds like an expansion.

After talking to a friend whose child was denied early decision and received a pathway (who spoke directly to admissions office after denial), I did find out that the date your application is turned in doesn’t make any difference (A large percentage of applications are submitted on the due date). Also, all applications are read and reviewed three times before final decisions are made. Test scores are not reviewed until later in the process, and no applicant will be denied on the basis of a test score.

1 Like

One of my kids got that same offer last year off the waitlist. It is a great offer for kids whose dream school is Georgia Tech, but he has decided to bloom where he is planted🙂.

1 Like

Does anyone know about the Goizueta scholarship and how much is awarded?

I was emailed! Sorry I didn’t see this earlier.

1 Like

Does GT provide any scholarship for National Merit Finalists ? I thought I saw something on their website but can’t find any details.

I’m not sure sure you received good information about gaining admission from the arts/ sciences pathway then switching to engineering once the student is at Tech. I think it is spelled out that it is only for majors within school of liberal arts or sciences. I would very strongly encourage discussion with admissions before assuming this course of action

2 Likes

No they do not

Not sure about transfer changes of majors. My experience is with an admitted freshman, and major changes are not difficult if you are below 60 hours. Policies may differ for transfer students. That didn’t occur to me, other than the fact that most transfer students may be above the 60 hour threshold when you take into account AP and dual enrollment credit. Good point.

1 Like

Thanks! I was admitted as an EE major :slight_smile:

He’s taking the pathway and will go next year to GA State or KSU. His twin brother applied RD to UGA for engineering. That’s where you son is happily going, right? I’m a UGA graduate but I’ve heard that legacy is no advantage in the admissions process at UGA. He’ll find out 3/18.