Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

OOS. That’s like 7 more weeks of wait, I think…

“All Early Action 2 applications are currently in their first set of reviews. We’re still a ways away form having a decision date determined, but will let applicants know as soon as we have updates.” - GT Admission.

4 Likes

Will it impact admission decision for not submitting CSS profile?
I have been asked to submit CSS because I submitted scholarship app which requires CSS profile.
I have submitted FAFSA.

My understanding it only impacts financial aid.
And they will not process any financial aid till you are admitted.

Is my understanding correct that the only merit scholarships available to OOS students are the “institutional scholarships”?

For these, is FAFSA or CSS required if no need based consideration is requested?

Asking because we haven’t and don’t plan to file either FAFSA or CSS at any of my D22’s schools.

Thanks a lot!

Self-supported candidates are in best shape because GT is NEED AWARE except last year. I am not sure of this year, 2022-23.

As I understand, asking for financial aid may negatively impact admission decision for OOS candidates. For in-state, it is no issue.

1 Like

No need to file either FASFA or CSS for merit scholarships at Ga Tech.

Thanks a lot. Good to know!

Thanks @msyork316

My DD went into her portal and it showed that the school report and transcript were downloaded again. They were sent and downloaded initially in September and then it appears it happened again mid November. The school did not resend anything on their end. Any ideas as to why that would have happened?

No idea but your question prompted me to look at my son’s portal and his school report and teacher recommendation were downloaded again (mid-Nov). Perhaps just multiple people working in their files…good luck!

That makes me feel better! Good luck to you too!

Seeing the same here. By any chance is the 2nd download date 11/13?
Wondering if there was a system-wide update or glitch.

We emailed admissions on Tuesday and haven’t heard back. I’m hoping it means we made it to step two in the process. :grinning:

Where is everyone seeing these downloads? I went through the OSCAR system and don’t see anything resembling downloads. Thank you…

It is in the initial application status portal. Application Management

1 Like

Thanks galaura! We did not have a second document/transcript download on 11/13.

same here. As-is like the first day.

I don’t think the second download means anything. Could be a clerical or system issue.

1 Like

I actually don’t think it does either since it appears the some EA1 and EA2 had duplicate downloads and some didn’t. Good luck everyone!