Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

We are anyway quite unsure of GTech chances, since mine has B+s in her PE and health (I know they look for 4.0s). Still worth a shot.

I donā€™t think Bs in PE/Health will matter much when applying to a STEM major, so donā€™t worry.
Definitely worth a shot!
We out-of-staters are all in the same boat :slight_smile:

1 Like

My kidā€™s second download was on that date. We need something else to do while waiting, besides reading digital tea leaves! Thereā€™s always the Rutgers portal to refresh, I guess.

We need something else to do while waiting, besides reading digital tea leaves!

LOL! So true! :grinning:

Good luck with Rutgers. Rumor has it that the next wave is just about a week away.

seems 270 1st gen students from Georgia alone .

Thought it was for EA1, November applicants means for Ea2 and RD I guess as EA1 last date was mid October.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to go ahead and assume Iā€™m not getting GT. :joy: If Iā€™m pleasantly surprised, then great. This year is going to be crazy everywhere. So wild!

1 Like

letā€™s see, only four more days to go. Did you post your stats anywhere earlier in this forum to see?

Iā€™m OOS, so I have a while to waitā€¦.

Then youā€™ve few more weeks to go. Based on last year stats GA tech admission criteria seems nothing less than IVY. GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2 - #705 by Greymeer

2 Likes

FYI Georgia Tech is becoming more and more difficult to get in. However, they have a lot of Pathways. Pathways is not for everyone. However, School of Art and Science has guaranteed path. If your kids is legacy (Mother, Father, siblings or grandparents)- you have guaranteed pathway (we probably would consider it if DD would not be accepted from WL and she was so disappointment - we later learned what happened. There was record number of kids who got accepted from her school that year - 4!). They have partnership programs too (REPP). Also Iā€™ve seen an article from one guy from UGA who tried to transfer to GaTech 3 times. He was accepted from 3rd attempt. So if your heart is really on GaTech you can make.

It is giving false hope to people to say they can get into Georgia Tech simply if they want it badly enough and keep trying. They canā€™t. There are various transfer pathways for qualified applicants, but the truth is that most applicants will just never get in. This is borne out by the numbers, which include very accomplished students with things like perfect standardized test scores ā€” many of them have posted on this site to lament their rejections.

1 Like

Let me respectively disagree. I know people who used pathways and got in. I know people who transferred, and I know people who could not.

1 Like

Absolutely. Over 1/3 of the graduating class last spring from Georgia Tech were transfer students. A tremendous number of kids that want to go to Tech transfer in, and it is a very viable option even for those without pathways. Also last year they gave over 8000 kids pathways and if they complete the requirements (3.3 GPA, 30 hours, transfer classes completed or in process) transfer is guaranteed (They donā€™t say that but Iā€™ve never heard of anyone who has met all three requirements and denied a transfer). That seems like a enormous number of pathways but most will not take advantage of it (no one we know is).

It is definitely easier to transfer into Tech then get in in the first place.

1 Like

Agreed that itā€™s easier to get into Georgia Tech as a transfer than as a first-time applicant. Certainly. But still simplistic and laughable to suggest that all you have to do is try hard enough and youā€™ll get in. That is very far from the truth.

Trying hard enough is not going to be good enough if youā€™re not a good student. However many people transfer every year from Georgia State, Georgia Perimeter, Kennesaw state, etc. They accept a very large number of transfer students each year, And from what I understand this is an integral part in their move to grow the size of GeorgiaTech without putting strain on first year dorms and infrastructure.

2 Likes

My DD is accepted .

9 Likes

Great news! Congratulations!

1 Like

Obviously in state.

stats: 4/4.3 ( UW/W),
15 APā€™s ( all 4ā€™s and 5ā€™s)
NMSF
GA Gov honor finalist
1550/1570( SAT/ SS)
Many awards over last 4 yrs in Math and science
Leadership in Quizbowl, Math team, key club and few other
Math Tutor @ Mathasium over last 2 yrs
Ran Cross country and played in tennis team last 4 yrs
helped as research assistant to Biology professor at local university for 6 months before pandemic

Already accepted in to UGA Honor and 3 other good OOS universities.

11 Likes

GaTech hasnā€™t released any statistics about EA1 yet. But I couldnā€™t find anything from last year about how many are rejected via deferred. Anyone know?