Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Son Deferred
GPA: 4/4.5W
ACT 33
12 APs
Applying to Business

Rejected vs deferred

PS. Is there no way to edit my post after submitting?

I guess you’ve to earn that role/privilege. Not sure whether it comes with account age or with contribution. I’m able to edit my posts.

Congratulations to DD - obviously a top candidate!

1 Like

I know one poster @VirginiaBelle is able to provide if there is such info out there. She seems know everything about Tech in details.

Same stats as my D and also deferred

1 Like

Ha! I have been through this rodeo twice with Tech being a top contender both times. I don’t recall them breaking it down in that detail last year for EA1 only. You used to be able to read the tea leaves a little better on the Georgia Tech LITE website which broke down admissions by gender and school (not sure if it included deferrals and rejections) but they have locked that portion of the website.

My general recollection is that there were many more deferrals than rejections in the early round, giving students the opportunity to strengthen their applications with another semester of strong grades.

Last year there was a 38 percent admit rate for EA1

2 Likes

Is there no way to edit my post after submitting?

There is a limited window (maybe 5 minutes? Not sure exactly but it’s a few minutes) within which you can edit your post. The limited window is meant to ensure integrity of posts here on CC.

one thing I would like to add after reading last year’s EA and RD threads, seems there has been so much discussion on appearance of “Pay Now” (?) button on individual application portal a day/few hours prior to decision time. There is NO such button available for us even after acceptance yet. So, don’t worry too much about such things.

2 Likes

I wish GaTech released detailed data like UGA does. My anecdotal impression is that GaTech rejects a much higher percentage of early applicants than UGA does (<10%).

2 Likes

My dd was accepted! 4.0 UW, not sure the weighted.
2 APs as a Jr, (scored 4 & 5) taking 2 more now
Lots of leadership & extracurriculars
Small school, top 10% of class
dad is an alum

5 Likes

forgot to add she submitted a 1320 SAT, 29 ACT

1 Like

Congratulation. IS?? or OOS?

Currently GT has released just EA1 results which is In-state. OOS will come sometime in Jan

2 Likes

She is very lucky. There’s an active discussion over on Reddit now about all the rejections/deferrals at Georgia Tech today. One in-state girl had 1550 SAT and 20 APs (don’t know how such a thing is even possible), 4.4 GPA,tons of ECs and awards and did not get in.

DS is instate and deferred as well. Strong stats/Decent ECs applied for Engineering. I searched for the active Reddit discussion but couldn’t locate. Is it possible to share the link here ? Thanks.

Sorry meant DD above.

My dd is an incredible writer. I honestly think many kids, even with high test scores and GPAs, cannot articulate well in an essay. With GT using a holistic approach, I think the essay, type of EC’s and leadership make a big difference.

6 Likes

Not sure if I can share it here. But this is the link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/pltof0/georgia_tech_early_megathread/?sort=new

thanks advitha