Getting notification from UCs?

Hey guys so I’m an OOS student who just finished submitting my app. We all know that we will get colleges’ notifications by the end of March, but does anyone know when we will start to get them? I mean like are January or February notifications possible? Thanks, I just cant wait haha.

UCR starts notifications at the end of January on a rolling basis, UCI starts end of February on a rolling basis and the rest are Mid to Late March.

@Gumbymom

On a rolling basis, does that mean there is a difference between submitting my app on 11/1 or 11/30, the earlier the better? Also, I got an email from UCSB saying that they might start to notify students in early January. Is that even possible?

I find that they always underestimate their time frames. Assume later rather than earlier because each year the colleges are overwhelmed by the increasing numbers of applicants.

@“aunt bea” well alright. I think i’ll just wait then haha

Based on past years for acceptance notifications, @aunt bea is correct you should assume later than earlier. UCR usually notifies the scholarship winners/high stat applicants in January/Early February and continues to notify through March.
UCI usually lets Athletes, Regent/Honors applicants know end of February and will continue with regular admissions through March.

Several UC’s will notify all acceptances/waitlist/rejections on a specific date: UCB/UCLA/UCSC/UCSB/UCSD starting Mid-March.
Ms. Sun’s UC website usually has up to date information regarding acceptance notifications, so I suggest you start checking in January. http://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/