UC Admissions

Hello,

I know all UCs have some kind of “special admissions”, like UCSB’s (chancellor’s reception) and UCSD’s (special invitation). I know that UCSB already sent their invitations, does anyone one know when the others will send theirs?

UCSD does an early calling campaign to increase the yield of admitted students from targeted populations, including Regents Scholars, Chancellor’s Associate Scholars, historically underrepresented students and top admits based on their academic profile.

UCI does Early notifications for Regents and Campus Wide Honors Scholars (CHP) around the end of February to Early March.

UCD/UCSC/UCR/UCM will notify Regent applicants and Honors College invitees at the same time as Regular decisions. UCR also notifies other scholarship admits (Chancellor and Highlander scholarships) at the same time as Regents during regular decisions.

@Gumbymom, Thank you so much

@Gumbymom have you ever heard of UCSC do early admits? I haven’t but someone on another thread said their child was already admitted. Doesn’t sound right and no one else has posted a decision.

That posting is the first I heard about early admissions to UCSC. UCR used to have early admissions in January but that was 2 years ago. It is up to each UC to determine their acceptance schedule, so maybe UCSC is starting early admissions this year? Since it is only one poster, I agree it does not sound right.

My DD applied to UCR, UCSD, and UCSB. It looks like UCR will start first on March 1st, UCSB stated that they will post acceptance/denied notices starting on March 20th, and UCSD just mentioned towards the end of March. Those dates all came from their respective admission portals.

March is going to be a tough month for us all,it will definitely test our patience!