Good luck to Foote Fellow Leader, Associate Dean, Advisor, Rita Deutsch as she retire

<p>So glad my son got to know Associate dean, Rita Deutsch.</p>

<p>She was in incredible Advisor to the students, always helping them when she could. She implemented the Foot Fellow program, seminars, trips, etc, with expertise. My son benefited in so many ways from the U and Dean Deutsch! Wishing her a wonderful and well deserved retirement.</p>

<p>College</a> of Arts and Sciences</p>

<p>Truly an unsung hero in making this school as successful as it is. I’ll never forget what she did for my family in the wake of devastating news. Such an amazing woman! I also wish her a wonderful retirement. Big Thank U!</p>

<p>Definitely an asset to the U, and although I’ve only got to work with her for a year, I’ll definitely miss her!</p>

<p>[Associate</a> dean to leave legacy after 34 years | The Miami Hurricane](<a href=“http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2013/04/25/associate-dean-to-leave-legacy-after-34-years/]Associate”>Associate dean to leave legacy after 34 years - The Miami Hurricane)</p>

<p>If the history of the University of Miami had to be incarnated by any one individual, I would say everytime that Dean Deutsch is that individual. As we are one of the youngest great American colleges, current students probably don’t take time to reflect of the work of the actual people who have done so much for the University of Miami. I hope that prospective Hurricanes on this forum will try to learn the history, including people like Rita Deutsch, Bill Butler, Tad Foote, and of course, President Shalala, Provost Leblanc, Vice-Provost Green, and the rest of the administration and faculty who are so committed to the students and the principle of the education that will define them.</p>