Got off the wait list

I’m excited to say, after months of waiting, I finally got into tech.

Congratulations!!! Me, too! I got a call from them about an hour ago.

Congratulations!!! =D>

What major did you guys get into? @rachmichelle @Frozenz

@xyz258 Microbiology!

@xyz258 undecided/university studies

Congrats @rachmichelle @Frozenz What are your GPA and test scores?

@CarIN Thank you! My UW GPA is 3.6-ish and my SAT superscore was 2080 (770 CR, 620 M, 690 W).

@CarIN thanks, my weighted gpa was 3.8, UW was 3.4, SAT was a 1680(500 CR, 660 M, 420 W), my SAT score seems low, but after talking to one of the admissions officers, he told me that they throw away your writing score and only look at the reading and math. My ACT score was a 24 on the English and 29 on the math.

Congrats i am still on waitlist, but keeping my hopes up for getting off the list. Did you guys call the admission office to show ur interest when u were notified u were waitlisted? Or u didnt do anything, cuz my friends told me to call them so i can get off the waitlist

@weenny I did nothing but wait. There is nothing you can do to help your chances. They said that they will reopen the application from when you first submitted it.

Congratulations to both of you! @Frozenz and @rachmichelle

@Frozenz Thank you. That was what I planned to do, nothing but wait patiently. Did they called you saying that you got off the waitlist and got accepted? Congrats again on your acceptance.

@weenny As eager i was to get in, i normally checked the application status page every 2-3 days, fortunately I got in in Tuesday and also thank you and good luck.

@mamma1st Thank you so much!! @weenny I just waited too. Some schools like when you call or send a letter of continued interest when you’re waitlisted but, from what I’ve heard, VT is not one of them. It seems that on Tuesday there was a round of waitlist admissions, but I hope there will be more! They informed me by phone call and I received an email the next day as well. Best of luck to you!!!

@mamma1st @weenny there may be another round after May 5th, they told us to respond by that date.

@Frozenz Sounds exciting XD, I will looking forward for that date. @rachmichelle Thank you for telling those info XD Congrats on your acceptance. :slight_smile:

@Frozenz @rachmichelle I am happy to announce that I just got off the waitlist today!

@Frozenz @rachmichelle I got off the waitlist today also…sweet! :slight_smile:

My son just got off the wait list with MERIT and into the Engineering Program. We already committed to RIT however, he will be going here! So excited. We are from MA.