Greek functions weekday evenings?

<p>What time do these start?</p>

<p>How late can a class end before interfering with a mandatory meeting(especially for pledges)???</p>

<p>Dinner is at 5pm…meetings generally start between 6 and 6:30.</p>

<p>Wow! Always there with the 411 !!!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Girl,
I was just thinking about this earlier this morning.<br>
Great minds think alike ;)</p>

<p>My other concern is if a member has a project or heavy load one evening to finish that week/night, is that excused from having to attend some of the get togethers? I understand they need to be available to attend most events and parties. Just curious how it is if a member has a huge test or project due the next day or that week? For the parties, not so much meetings.</p>

<p>TxNew CollegeMom…unfortunately having a project or heavy load does not get you excused from mandatory meetings (pledge meetings, chapter and Panhellenic speakers). If you have a huge test or project due, you are expected to figure out how to organize your time to be able to study and/or complete the project. Swaps and Date Parties are not mandatory but you will find that many pledges WANT to attend these. Since they don’t start until 9 or 10 pm there is plenty of time to study before the “party” events.
Each sorority handles mandatory events differently…some will fine girls for not attending or not being “excused” while others work on a points system with points given for attending mandatory events and a certain number of points needed to attend Swaps, Date Parties and Dances. This is a great subject to bring up during recruitment.
I would suggest (even if your DD’s are super organized and used to a hectic and heavy class load) that girls who are planning on going through recruitment don’t take more than 15 hours at the most.</p>

<p>My daughter is a triathlete who competes for Alabama’s club team. She also takes about 18 hours a semester in order to do a double major. I will be honest and say that she struggled this year (her sophomore year and second year in a sorority) to balance her training, her studying, and her sorority requirements. I don’t think she handled it as well as she should have – maybe if she had talked to those in charge and explained her training needs a little better they would have been more flexible. In the end, she was called up before her sorority’s judicial board and we ended up having to pay a fine because she missed some chapter meetings and service hour opportunities. I didn’t mind paying, because she missed the events so that she could participate in some of the group rides offered at the local bike store (it’s not safe for her to ride on her own outside Tuscaloosa city limits). I think both activities have great value for her, and we just do what it takes to make it work.</p>