GW Transfer - Fall 2017

Is anyone’s home and email address on GWeb? Mine says there’s nothing on file

Any clue on when they are releasing decisions?

@Sydblock Last year on April 5th they posted on their twitter that transfer decisions would start rolling out a week from then; a week later the first set of decisions came out according on who submitted their applications first.

If we go with last year, I would assume that they’ll give us some information this week with some decisions next week!

Finally everything is in for me.

Also could you guys perhaps chance me?

Transferring in as a sophomore as an economics major. I am currently an accounting major in a relatively known state school that has a relatively strong program in accounting.

High school GPA: 86.25 (Not that great, but I explained in my additional information section that my mother and I weren’t well off financially so it impacted my ability to perform well in HS. Plus, this is a top 50 school in the nation.)
SAT: 2100
College GPA First semester: 3.93, 13 credits
College GPA Second semester: 3.7 16 credits
Recommendations: In the words of my professors, one wrote a “Very good recommendation letter” and the other wrote “A very strong letter.”
ECs: Student Senator representing 3k students for my living quad. Also worked on Senate “appropriations committee” delegating funds to various student groups. Also am in College Democrats and Astronomy Club.
Essay: Common App is ok and supplemental is ok. Can’t really qualify tbh; they’re pretty standard.

I feel decision time is soon…

Who else saw the estimated cost of attendance per year and s*** themselves?

@WhoTouchedMyTaco not touting my own horn or anything, but I haven’t had to worry about the cost of attendance for GWU because of the GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program combo. However, I will agree that the cost is pretty damn steep.

@Robinyoursoul You think you’re better than me bro?!

Just kidding, thanks for your service man!

Has anyone applied to any other schools for transfer? I am curious as I applied to a few others…

@as06053 For me it’s SUNY Binghamton, Boston U, GWU, Vanderbilt, and Emory (reach) What about you?

@chrisli75 oh awesome! Those are all schools I have definitely thought about. Right now the only other school I am seriously considering is Tulane.

@WhoTouchedMyTaco lmao. Thanks, man. Got a good laugh from that.
I have applied to George Mason (accepted) and Georgetown (who knows when those decisions will ever be out…)

Got the email this morning to set up the GWU portal. Decisions should be out soon!

@Robinyoursoul I got the email too! Is there anything new on your Gweb?

I applied to George Mason (accepted), James Madison (Accepted), Virginia Tech (Accepted), Georgetown, American, UVA, and the College of William and Mary

I got that email too! Getting quite stoked for decision releases.

@phillysteak
Nothing new on my activity center or my GW Portal. Apparently they release decisions based on when you submitted your application. Originally I thought I submitted my Common App application at the end of February, but looking back at the Common App website I actually submitted the first week of February; hopefully I hear a decision earlier!

Everyone check your e-mails! Decisions out at 5:00pm!

The moment of truth…

ACCEPTED!

ACCEPTED! Columbian College!

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT BABY! HYPED!

@Robinyoursoul