GW Transfer - Fall 2017

@WhoTouchedMyTaco Columbian College of Arts and Sciences. Bio major!

@WhoTouchedMyTaco school of media and public affairs! political communications major!

School of Business! Finance major :slight_smile:

so i just emailed someone at the admissions office and they said that admission decisions come out in waves. she said that it all depends on when you submitted your application.

@tayloec submitted around late February so likely I’ll be at the back of the bunch unless everyone submitted around that time

Did anyone from this group in? Mine still says just submitted

@mandrs Todays decisions were for freshmen; we won’t hear decisions for another few weeks!

@WhoTouchedMyTaco I am an International relations & quantitative economics double major with a minor in arabic!

Our turn now!

LETS GO BABY!! @Robinyoursoul

If you guys google GWeb information system and put in your ID from the application and your birthday in MMDDYY format, you can log into the portal to see financial aid requirements and that sort of stuff. I got this off the Spring 2017 admitted students page so I don’t think we’re supposed to know about this yet, but it might show you if you got accepted before you get an email/letter (it did that for one other college I applied to but I’m not 100% sure about this one). It’s worth a shot!

Yep! I logged into my activity center recently just to see if anything has changed and there was a link to the portal that was given out to all of the regular decision students.

Tried logging in and it worked! So I’m guessing those emails with links to the portals will be released soon to transfer students.

What I won’t do is try to read between the lines about what the portal says and if any “tabs” pop up. The freshmen applicants were freaking out over their portals, trying to see if new tabs meant they were accepted. Decisions weren’t even out yet.

Hey guys. I am applying as an Econ major and have submitted my apps on the deadline. I am still trying to submit my transcripts and college report. I was wondering if submitting that material later will impact my application in any way? I am hoping to send it by April 7th.

Also I emailed them if it would in any way, and they just said to “send it in as soon as possible”

@chrisli75
I would light a fire underneath that and get it in as soon as possible; decisions could be coming out a week after that date if we follow the Fall 2016 decisions timeline

@Robinyoursoul would that mean my chances would be really hurt because of this? Also, I sent my transcript like a week and a half ago and it still hasn’t been updated. So I am not even sure what is going on with them.

@chrisli75 Yeah, when I sent in my transcripts it took the admissions office close to a month for them to update my activity center signaling that they received them; give it some time for them to upload it. If you sent it, there’s a really small chance that they did not get it.

As far as your chances: I’m not too sure if I would be the best person to answer this question. Sometimes getting documents completed like the College Report can be a pain in the a**. My school gave me some serious issues about completing documents that I submitted. Just hope that the admissions committee at GWU also understands this issue and that it might not be your fault completely. If you’re competitive, I don’t think it would hurt THAT much - then again, I’m a poor person to answer this :slight_smile:

Yeah I sent my things already but they aren’t updating. I will go by your word and be patient as they upload the things. And given their email correspondence, they did seem reasonable, so it might be ok after all (hopefully)

But thanks so much though, I really appreciate your response to this.

@chrisli75 any way that I can help others who are trying to transfer!

Is anyone else constantly checking their admissions portal page? Because if you are, I feel you.

@tayloec my portal and their twitter account - always hitting refresh.