Hackley 5 day boarding

can someone tell me how hackley 5 day boarding works? I am an international student? so does that mean it might not be the best fit for me?

At most schools that have 5 day boarding, you go home Friday night and return to school Sunday night. Unless you have local family, it is not am option for an international student.

1 Like

Some also limit it to kids that live within a certain radius of the school.

1 Like

Why don’t you check with the school and see what options (if any) are in place for international students? I would also want to find out how many (if any) students are on campus over the weekend.

As an international student you probably would want a community on the weekends. Students who go home have their local town communities. I think internationally you would want to attend a thriving community with activities and perhaps other international students. Is there a reason you want to consider a 5 day school and what were your thoughts for the weekends?

Also from a two second look at the website it seems that only 30 students board and only M-F. Hackley is well regarded but is typically used as a day school. I suggest you seek out other options as an international student.

I’m glad that you’re casting a wider net, but just ignore the 5 days schools.

Look in the “Hidden Gems” thread for ideas. You never know - you might find a great fit that you never imagined.

You’ve been considering summer programs. If your verbal skills were a weakness on the SSAT, a summer ESL program might be useful - improve your language skills (which will improve your applications) and network with other international students. I’ve known of at least one kid found out about their dream school that way.

Don’t be deterred by a school not being mentioned a lot here.

ill not be taking the SSAT, as my ISEE score was a huge comparison compared to my SSAT