Harpur College

Binghamton is one of my top choice. However, i got rejected from SOM and got into Harpur College. This school gave me a lot of financial aid and i am wondering if Harpur College is worth attending. My other choices are syracuse, stony, buffalo, penn state, ohio state, and baruch for business.

You can always transfer into SOM if you do well (3.7+ GPA) freshman year.

If you want business, pick another school. It is very difficult to transfer internally from Harper to SOM. You will need a 3.5 gpa. Not so easy, considering the competition at Bing. Not worth the risk. Baruch and Buffalo are actually rated higher in the undergrad Business Programs ranking in US NEWS 2015 edition-- Baruch is 62 and Buffalo is 79 versus Binghamton and Albany both tied at 113. Those are your least expensive alternatives. Ohio State, Penn State and Syracuse are ranked higher at 20, 21 and 45, respectively, but they are much more expensive options if you are from New York.

My daughter went to Harpur and she was delighted, however she is a writer. My view is simpler, Binghamton does not want you the other schools do. So why to go where you are not welcome :slight_smile: (tongue in cheek comment)

If you want to do business I think Baruch (good thing you’ll live in the best City, not so great, no campus life) is a great choice. I understand Syracuse as a campus more for science. Syracuse and Buffalo are too cold (for my likeness) Penn State is great and I don’t know Ohio.
All are great schools whatever you choose you will be ok