Spring 2016 - Transfer Student

I applied to Binghamton in August from a community college for this upcoming spring semester to SOM…I applied with a 3.7 and would be transferring in with 58 credits…They recommended having micro macro and stats done…ill have stats and micro done but not macro…what are my chances here? Thanks guys

It’s always a mystery with SOM. Your GPA is high which is good but there are also a lot of other factors like whether oor not you are out of state and how many other students are applying. However, if you are dead set on business and they offer you a spot at harpur, I wouldn’t take it because you can only take liberal arts and science classes then.

Good to know thank you!

@sprinkles12 Say I get offered a spot in Harper and not SOM but I want to go for finance…should I decide to go to Harper and go for economics with the concentration in finance? Binghamton is my top choice…I don’t know if it’s worth going for economics instead of going for finance somewhere else…my other options are Albany or Oswego for finance.

Kaylaboni, I don’t know. It’s up to you. You can try to go the financial economics route at Binghamton where you major in econ but they let you take a handful of SoM classes. But chances are you may have taken Those classes already. Also companies do not really recruit much from harpur compared to how much they recruit from SoM so take that into consideration. If you go to Albany you will be able to major in buissness/finance which is better if you are dead set on that as a career. I don’t know much about Oswego other than its cold so I can’t help you there. It’s really up to you if you think the opportunities you get at Bing outweigh not being able to major in what you want.