Has anyone ever appealed their decision?

<p>I recently got denied from Virginia Tech. I was wondering if I should appeal. It says i have to present new information. Since my application I have joined my clubs, become president of 2, and played 1 new varsity sport. I emailed Tech and they told me the main reason for my denial was a D is received in English. Since then I have an A and my teacher can write a recommendation for me. I dont know how much this will help, but I am also planning on including a personal letter telling them why i got a D in English. My parents were pressuring me to become a doctor (typical asian parents) but i want to go to business. I was depressed and my grade suffered as i had no motivation. Since then i have talked/argued it out with my parents and now want to major in business. I dont know how well this will work but it is worth a shot.</p>

<p>I had a friend who tried to transfer into Virginia Tech from community college and originally got rejected. </p>

<p>He was very close to the guaranteed admissions agreement and he thought that since he was so close, the school would just let him in - but they didn’t. He had one more semester left at his CC; so he had the admissions appealed, brought his grades up so that he did qualify for the agreement, and then they let him in as if the whole thing didn’t happen. </p>

<p>I tell you this because you should know that the appeal does in fact work sometimes, but I don’t know if this would work in your case. Are your stats near where the average is or the bottom? Are you applying for engineering or architecture? There is no way for us to tell you what you should and should not do. If you think you have a convincing argument, then by all means do it. </p>

<p>I should point out, however, that my friend didn’t find out he got admitted until mid June. You may have commitment deadlines by that time. Good luck. </p>

<p>@ankurpatel360 Who did you email, and how long did the response take?</p>

<p>Nothing ventured, nothing gained. </p>

<p>Realize the odds are not great as you are in the “same” situation with many others who were denied for one reason or another and “below” those waitlisted. I am not trying to be negative, just think you need to prepare yourself for a different option and hope for the best.</p>

<p>I was waitlisted, meh. VT was tied for my #1 so one side my choice has (technically?) been made easier, but on the other, it’s human nature to want what we can’t have and bleh</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. I guess i am just going to appeal just to see what happens</p>

<p>Has anyone else appealed</p>