Has anyone received any additional scholarships from UA after getting the Presidential?

<p>Our son got a surprise letter this week informing him of a $2400 scholarship from Computer Based Honors. This brings his total cost of attendance to about $4000 after grants and scholarships (from Presidential, Engineering and federal loans). We are very happy for this. But we are torn because other schools, closer to us, have offered similar financial packages. </p>

<p>My son was a National Merit kid five years ago. He was happy with his package from Alabama, but about two years into school, Dean Sharpe encouraged him to apply for study abroad money. He figured the $2K he originally got with his NM package was nice, and at first, he thought he would appear greedy if he applied for more funding. With Dean Sharpe’s blessing, he did and picked up another $1500. That helped to pay for his study abroad in Belgium. He also won $5K from the Golden Key Society (a national organization).</p>

<p>DS also received an unexpected (but very welcome) scholarship (fellowship - is there a difference?) from Computer-Based Honors! He did not, however, receive anything for his perfect math SAT score, which 3kidsinhs’s son did. Wondering if that was department specific?</p>

<p>Congratulations on the scholarships! </p>

<p>Our ds has ended up with 4 4-yr renewable scholarships based on GPA. I have been sharing with everyone I know that UA is the most generous school with merit money I have ever seen. It has been such a blessing for our family bc our EFC makes most schools unaffordable for us.</p>