Help ANOTHER parking issue!?

<p>DS got his first parking ticket last week and NOW we came home to Virginia tonight after the Miss. St. game and have his parking permit!!! We had switched cars with him so we also put his permit in our car, then forgot to change back. Any suggestions??? Where can he park and not get ticketed AGAIN!</p>

<p>Ouch…I would just spring the $3 to put him up in a parking deck for tomorrow and then get a new temp permit.</p>

<p>If he has a friend that lives off campus, he could ask them to park there. Otherwise, I suggest that he pays $3 for a visitor parking pass and goes to the transportation/parking desk on the first floor of the student services building when they open at 7:45 am tomorrow and see what they can do. I know that permit holders have to provide their license plate number, so he would have to go there anyway to update that.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! He’s gonna love being there at 7:45am! HAHA!</p>

<p>*What do I do if my hang-tag is lost or stolen?</p>

<p>You should contact the Parking Services office at 348-8391 as soon as possible to report permit lost or stolen. If your permit is stolen on campus you should file a police report with the University Public Safety Department. Permits stolen off campus should be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency where the theft occurred. Please safeguard your permit and remember to lock your doors. There is a replacement charge for lost and stolen permits.*</p>

<p>If you show up early tomorrow morning at your post office, you can send that permit overnight mail. It will be costly, but your son should get it Tuesday afternoon.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! DS went to the student services bldg this morning at 7:45am and they sold him a temporary permit. Worked out fine, we’ll be back down on Thursday and return his permanent one. Thanks again for the help!</p>

<p>They sold him one? You should request a refund from Chris D’Esposito, Assistant Director of Parking and Transportation Services. There should have been no cost. This would have been an Emergency Parking Permit (EPP). They are free. If you need his contact infromation, feel free to email me at <a href="mailto:krsaint@gmail.com">krsaint@gmail.com</a>. Also he can give a refund for him having to park in the parking deck.</p>