Help! Many Many Questions!

<p>Ok thanks for reading this, I have a few questions about the UCs</p>

<h1>1. I am an out of state 4 yr transfer, and applications are due Nov 30. My gpa right now is very low(I mean REALLY low) but this fall semester has the potential to GREATLY raise it as I am currently doing well. I believe the transcript updates are due Jan 08 2008. Do they make the decision before they see my Fall GPA?</h1>

<h1>2. Is there a chance that they can see my winter GPA?</h1>

<h1>3. Chances, how do you think an NYC resident 4 year college student with a 3.4-3.5 with no EC’s will do for a school like maybe Santa Barbara?</h1>

<p>This is only my unweighted college GPA. It can be higher or lower.</p>

<h1>4. How do the UC’s feel about failing redemption programs?</h1>

<pre><code> For a example, I failed 2 classes with and now I have a 2.7, but if I get a C or higher when repeated, the F wont be counted torwards final grade. I know some schools do not like those, such as USC.
</code></pre>

<p>Thank you for you helps</p>

<p>1) They won't care about your senior year or freshman year grades. Transcripts are due when you matriculate (I believe the date was July 15 this year)
2) Not unless you're asked for supplemental information
3) Depends on what your SAT scores are. Not a good position, I'd shoot for at least 2100 to be competitive
4) They don't care as long as you get a C or better when you repeat, but they MUST be repeated for a C or better or you aren't UC eligible in the first place.</p>

<p>thanks for the reply, but i thought they dont check SATs for tranfers?</p>

<p>ALso, SB cutline is 2.8, but i have a 2.7, while I anticipate a 3.4 by winter. The application is due this November and I still have a 2.7 right now. Am I allowed to even apply even though I am gonna raise my grade after this semester?</p>