Help! Urgent! Please Respond!

<p>Hi!
I only have a very limited time frame to make an action. Today I received my subject test scores:
Math IIC - 780
Biology - 700</p>

<p>SAT Reasoning: 2140 (700R, 720M, 720W(8E))</p>

<p>My UC GPA is only a mere 3.7, but I show a good improvement from a 2.2 to a 3.16 to a 4.0 from freshman to sophomore to junior year. </p>

<p>I don’t really know what I want to major in yet, but I’m planning on putting down Biology.
My question to you guys is this, I already signed up for my subject tests in December for Biology and Math, because I thought I did poor. </p>

<p>My question to you guys is this, should I retake my reasoning in December or my subjects (biology)?</p>

<p>What’s better?
SAT 1 - 2140 SAT 2 780math2, 700 biology vs SAT 1 - 2200+ SAT 2 780+math2, 750+Biology.</p>

<p>I'd say Reasoning is far more important than Subject Tests, and your Subject Test scores aren't bad at all. So... go for Reasoning.</p>

<p>Check the average GPA and SAT scores for accepted students last year at the UC campuses where you plan to to apply and make sure that your GPA is in the range. The SAT I is more important. 700 and above on every section is baseline for the honors program at UCSD, but your GPA would be too low for admission, I assume. If you look on the general UC website, they explain how they score everything for admissions in their own way, assigning points. Be sure and add a "safety" campus to your list. In one of their 2 essays, can you elaborate on your upward grade trend?</p>

<p>I'd say it won't matter for admissions. UC considers gpa much more highly that SAT scores, adn your scores are great for all the UCs. Unlike many selective privates, going from a 2140 to 2200+ will mean little to UC admissions. As a bio major, you will be applying to Letters & Sciences and they just don't care about intended major, so boosting your Bio Subject Test is of no more value than scoring higher on something else. Indeed, you could boost your chances even further with a 700+ on Lit or History (bcos it demonstrates breadth across disciplines as opposed to the gazillion high-scoring math-science geeks who apply).</p>

<p>OTOH, if you wish to be more competitive for Regent's than boosting your Reasoning Score might help.</p>