Hey guys, chance me please!

<p>Hi guys, I'm an entering senior, and I'm just wondering what my current chances are.</p>

<p>Academic stats:</p>

<p>unweighted GPA: around a 3.35
Weighted GPA: 4.12
Class rank: 27% but will be around 20-23% after the end of the first semester of senior year
SAT: 1950 (CR: 650 Math: 620 Writing:690) I will be taking it again, and hope to become an academic-admit, but I want to know what you guys think with my current stats.
Ethnicity: South Asian</p>

<p>Extracurricular activities:</p>

<p>Policy debate which I was very successful in (Qualified for state). Will continue next year. 250 hours dedicated junior year, will be around 500-600 in total by the end of next year.</p>

<p>I will be in Math club and a member of HOSA next year.</p>

<p>I have been an event coordinator and VP of a religious club, and will be President next year. Over 200 hours dedicated, will be over 250 by the time I graduate.</p>

<p>I have completed between 150-200 hours of community service.</p>

<p>Some more background:</p>

<p>I go to a difficult public school in Houston, with 30+ students on average qualifying for national merit each year (if this information will make any difference). Also, I have had a lot of health problems freshman year, leading to lots of absences, which is why my rank isn't that great, but I've jumped nearly 20% in rank since freshman year. Also, I can write fairly strong essays. Thanks in advance guys!</p>

<p>**680 on Writing, typo.</p>

<p>you are very close to automatic admit. I wonder why you think you will move up from the 27% to 20-23rd% after first semester? that usually doesn’t happen because of the dropout factor. Hopefully you are right - you will move up, make that 1300 M+CR SAT.
I think you have an outstanding chance of getting admitted.
Make sure you have made the official campus visit, visited your 1st choice majors college, and possibly go to a prospective student center in your area. All this goes to prove interest in A&M and it is important.
Best of luck!</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply klparker! Well the thing is our school has a very low drop out rate, so the ranks never really change that much. Throughout high school I’ve been making GPA calculations for the following year, and I’ve been very on point each time. With that I was able to estimate my GPA at the end of the first semester of senior year, and compared my cumulative to my friends GPAs. Our schools ranks don’t usually shift too much so this method has been pretty reliable for me.</p>

<p>I will look into the visit and prospective student center. Thanks!</p>

<p>hey i’m also going to be a senior and also a review admit, i’m not the best person to be telling you your chance, but your SAT scores seems pretty good that’ll get you in.</p>

<p>here is a link i use its a graph with statistics really good to see your chances
<a href=“Texas A & M University-College Station Scatterplots | Parchment - College admissions predictions.”>Texas A & M University-College Station Scatterplots | Parchment - College admissions predictions.;

<p>I appreciate the input Slimvin! Yeah I’ve actually used parchment.com for it’s stats, but I was skeptical about the chances it gave me, plus seeing some of the denied profiles got me a little paranoid haha. Anyways I hope you’re right!</p>

<p>I feel pretty confident in most areas, it’s just the rank that’s bothering me.</p>

<p>Do you guys think it’s a better idea to apply in August and send my new SAT scores when they come in in October? Or should I just wait until I get my scores to apply?</p>

<p>Honestly man, here’s my take: </p>

<p>I was in a similar boat as you. Close to an academic admit, but not quite in. I am also out of state. Had an excellent class rank (top 7%) but marginal ACT. ACT was not near the academic admit quota. Had a lot of other stuff though, lots of ECs, school clubs, job, etc. Also showed GREAT interest in the school. I was fully accepted by mid-December. </p>

<p>It sounds like you are in a very similar situation although your SAT score is very good. Obviously, if you get in the top 25%, you are in no matter what. But if you don’t, you will be a really competitive review admit. The problem is that that category is extremely difficult since the majority of students who are admitted fall into the auto admit category. Every year this gets worse. So it is in your best judgement to SHOW INTEREST. Your Extra curriculars are very good and it will help that you go to a competitive school. Write all three essays and get them critiqued by someone. </p>

<p>As it stands right now I would say you have a good to very good chance of getting in. If you can boost your GPA and get into that 25% threshold, you’re golden. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>hey man i got some really good advice for you. I was on the phone with TAMU admissions today and they were saying that if you take campus tours, talk with the offices there, and go to the prospective centers that will “UP your chances by a big percentage”. Thats what they told me and lol im planning right now to go take a residence tour, campus tour, and go to prospective student center now.</p>

<p>Yeah I understand guys. I actually took a campus visit as a field trip back in 10th grade, but I don’t think that they had my name put down anywhere as record. I’m looking into the visit and prospective student center for sure though, thanks! Also do you guys think it’s a good idea to apply earlier? Or should I wait till my October SAT scores come in and then apply?</p>

<p>I only had like a 3.1 gpa, about 1700 on the SAT, only took it once, and I was admitted fully, without having to do Gateway, or blinn-team! I guess I was just one of the lucky ones! They did take their sweet time letting me know for sure If I was accepted or not though.</p>