Economics SL
Spanish SL
IB Business & Management SL
TOK</p>

<p>7th course is:
Further Math SL</p>

<p>What’s up fellow IB-ers!!! Here’s my junior year schedule:</p>

<p>IB Math SL I
IB Physics I (have to take physics to graduate -__-, but I’m only doing one year of physics before switching to IB Biology SL, a one-year course at my school)
IB French I (will declare as HL senior year)
Journalism 3 (it has been my DREAM to be a journalist ever since I was nine, currently the opinion editor of my school newspaper)
IB English HL I (my school only offers HL English)
IB History of the Americas (will declare as HL senior year)
IB Business and Management SL (one-year course and will test in May!)</p>

<p>In place of IB BIz senior year, I’ll take either Leadership, basically SGA, or IB Chemistry SL II, since I took IB Chem I last year.</p>

<p>Probably the best decision I made was to do IB classes for certificates rather than full diploma. Obviously this isn’t the best choice for everyone, but for me it has worked really well (note: the first quarter ends for me next week, of course it gets worse.) My school has one AP class in the curriculum (AP Gov which I took last year and got a 5 on the exam). I already feel smarter and more analytical in IB. In AP Gov the focus was memorization and knowing court cases. In IB, it’s not that you necessarily learn something new, but you can see a completely different perspective and develop a knack for deeper thinking.</p>

<p>Those of you regretting pursuing the diploma, DON’T!! Even though it wasn’t the choice for me (I would have had to take TOK for three hours after school each week…no thanks!) it is so rewarding. You gain so much out of it; I’ve gained more out of these past two months than I did in my first two years of high school. That’s the IB effect.</p>

<p>Don’t drop the diploma, stick it out!!!</p>